Motorola MW810 - Windows refuses to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

laythrom

Premium Subscriber
Recently I purchased some older Motorola MW810s (mobile workstations) to use in a couple of our patrol cars for reporting and CAD. After receiving them I upgraded the RAM a little and switched to a new SSD; so far so good. I used microsoft and rufus to move the actual disk installs to USB (something that I've successfully accomplished in the past. The problems that I am having is coming during the Windows install and hopefully, someone on here might have an idea or two that I haven't tried.

First, I tried Windows 10 (even though it is an older (2009) machine) and I could not get it to cooperate. Sorry, but I can't recall the exact issue...it's been a few days of complete headaches with this thing.

Then I tried Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit). And with both attempts, I am greeted with a "Windows Boot Manager" 'Windows Failed to Start status 0xc000000e error.

And finally with Windows XP (both 32 & 64 bit), it'll load the drivers like it wants to install, but when it attempts to load the Windows installer, I'm hit with a blue screen of death calling out STOP: 0X0000007B (0xF78d2524,0XC0000034,0X00000000, 0X00000000).

To make things a little worse, trying to get anything from /\/\ that is outside the EOL is laughable, to say the least. Additionally, there is nothing in the bios to change the AHCI/RAID mode of SATA controller and if the hard drive cradle is being considered a SCSI, I have no clue on where to find the necessary driver(s).

Amusingly enough though, I downloaded Ubuntu in a last ditch effort...that installed and works perfectly. Not talking down about Ubuntu or Linux in any way, but I'm not fluent in that realm and would like to try and get Windows running on these machines. If anyone has any ideas or has fumbled through this nightmare and came out victorious, could you please help me out?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I'll await to see your response at your post at Bleeping Computer.

In the mean time.

In Rufus there's an option for BIOS or UEFI. Did you select the correct option for the BIOS or UEFI that computer is running? Also, if using UEFI you need to format as FAT32 and GPT.

Here's a website with some drivers, but it appears that the drivers may only work in a certain BIOS version. https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/motorola/laptops-desktops/mw810,-bios-v0.47/109486

Status
Not open for further replies.