• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola radio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanThaScannerMan

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey, Im new to this I have a few questons

I bought a Motorola radio at a local flea market for $350. It is a mt1000? it has a long tall antenna. It works and I can hear my local poilce and fire house on it now. I have pushed the button on it and it makes noise like an old am radio and when I push the big button I can hear like a beepish noise. I know it works because I said hello and i got an answer.

Here is my question. I like to listen to my police and fire. I have a few scanners but they arent as cool to walk arounfd with outside. I like the way it looks and some of the kids here think Im the Po-po or 5/o as they call it. I sometimes like to drive around and go and see what the police are doing. I also like to pull up on kids doin bad stuff and flash my headlights at tham to scare them off . I love to see the police bust the homies. I know some of the offices because they have seen me there and ask me who I am, and write my name down. So since I knwo some of the cool cops would it be ok to use my motorola radio to talk to them if i see trouble? I could call them and tell them where I am and who and what i see. The gangbangrs cant hear me narc on them can thay?

slicerwizard

DanThaScannerMan said:
So since I knwo some of the cool cops would it be ok to use my motorola radio to talk to them if i see trouble? I could call them and tell them where I am and who and what i see.
Go for it. Please.

The gangbangrs cant hear me narc on them can thay?
Nope, you're good to go. Narc away. Be sure to use your real name and address - it's illegal to lie on the radio.

DanThaScannerMan

Banned
I dont have to worry the radio has a chargin base for it too. I asked my brother in law he is a security guard at the Wal-mart. He says its cool becasue where we live the police need all the help they can get fightin the bad guys

DanThaScannerMan

Banned
Just so you know im not retarded. I love to listnen to the police. Ive alwayhs wanted to be a policeman.. I was asking a question that I thoujght you could asnswer as fellow scanner hobbiest.

martymartin

No one said...

No one said you were retarded...we just haven't had any luck talking to the police. I guess here in the big city they don't need our help...I'll just stick to watching "Cops". LOL!

Astro25

Well, I'll give a legitimate, non smart-ass answer...

It's very illegal to be transmitting on PD or FD frequencies, period. You're not a member of the Police Department, or the Fire Department (or at least you haven't said otherwise).

It would be very un-wise to go reporting crimes over the radio. While it may seem somewhat logical to the uninformed, this is what 911 is for.

You'll end up landing yourself into some serious trouble Transmitting on Pub. Safety frequencies, even if you had the best of intentions.

RodStrong

DanThaScannerMan said:
I dont have to worry the radio has a chargin base for it too. I asked my brother in law he is a security guard at the Wal-mart.

Your best bet is to get a job at Wal Mart as a cart pusher, and then you will be able to communicate with your brother with your new radio and take down shoplifters in the parking lot.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
DanThaScannerMan said:
I live in Kentucky by pigen forge

Really? That's funny, that's not what your IP says.......

FYI, Second accounts are not allowed, especially for this non sense.. This one is banned. I am not sure what possessed you to do this, but if you create another second account that and your real account will both be banned.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Added after being closed.

Just to prevent the further degradation of the possible geographically challenged, Pigeon Forge is in Tennessee, not Kentucky and is closer to North Carolina than Kentucky if any adjacent state is considered. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.