Motorola Radius M1225 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a M1225 off Ebay and ot my GMRS license. The radio has one channel programmed into it and it is a business frequency. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area that has the software and cable to do this and would help me get this first one programmed. I only want two channels programmed in. One of which being with repeater frequencies. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a M1225 off Ebay and ot my GMRS license. The radio has one channel programmed into it and it is a business frequency. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area that has the software and cable to do this and would help me get this first one programmed. I only want two channels programmed in. One of which being with repeater frequencies. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I can help you but I am in San Diego Ca.

Maybe you still can, I have been looking at the different cables and know that I need a USB compatible one. However I read the reviews of a lot of the cables and they say that it wouldn't work with their unit. So what I am asking is, do you know where to find a cable that will definitely work kinda of thing, Thanks for any help you can give me.

Chithead,

While it IS possible to program an M1225 with a USB programming cable, they play best with a computer with a real RS-232 serial port.

That being said, if that is not an option for you ( which it sounds like that is the case) they play best with a Windows XP computer using the USB cable.
I *may* have programmed one of mine with a Win 7 system, but ( and, my memory is pretty foggy on this) it did not like it and it sucked.

I have a dedicated XP laptop with a serial port that I use for programming all of my /\/\ stuff now, so it's no longer an issue, but the first computer I used to program my M1225's was an Asus EeePC Netbook running XP home, with a serial to USB adapter and a serial cable. You WILL have to play around in Device Manager to get the port settings right.

The RSS is pretty self explanatory and very straightforward, if you can get a legitimate copy of it.

I hope this helps you out some.

yes it does, thank you for the info. I have a dell with windows 7 ( i think), but I read somewhere that A guy was able to program fairly easily using a windows xp simulator. So I figured I would try that before opting to by the laptop and dedicate it solely to it.

clbsquared

Premium Subscriber
The M1225 CPS needs to be run on a 32 bit computer or 32 bit simulator. I have numerous M1225's and all I use is the USB cable. However.....make sure you get the USB cable that has the FTDI chip set.

Status
Not open for further replies.