• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Type I and Type II ID conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi all!

In one European city there is a Motorola system (it doesn't present in RR's base). I am not sure about exact system type (Hybrid, Type IIi or Type IIi Hybrid), but it's on 800 Mhz band and capable with Type I radios (like is Motorola Visar PP) and Type II (SmartZone) transceivers (like is Motorola LTS2000).

I want to listen this system on MTX Series PrivacyPlus transceiver.

I know interesting me TGID in Type II format - this is 1872 in Uniden format (that is 80117 in Motorola 6-digit format).

Attention, question:

What Ind. ID I should use in Motorola PivacyPlus transceiver to listen specified above Type II TGID?

It's a screenshot MTX Series PrivacyPlus CPS:

mtxidmj2.gif

What should I use instead of 300-012С? There is any way to make ID conversion?

P.S.
I also have Uniden scanner - there can be it will something is useful in this business?

Last edited:

jim202

First of all, why are you so concerned with blanking out the system ID? You will need
this info to program up your scanner.

Second, who cares about the individual ID.

What you need is the talkgroup ID info. You will also need the control channel
frequencies.

Jim

wireless_friendly said:
Hi all!

In one European city there is a Motorola system (it doesn't present in RR's base). I am not sure about exact system type (Hybrid, Type IIi or Type IIi Hybrid), but it's on 800 Mhz band and capable with Type I radios (like is Motorola Visar PP) and Type II (SmartZone) transceivers (like is Motorola LTS2000).

I want to listen this system on MTX Series PrivacyPlus transceiver.

I know interesting me TGID in Type II format - this is 1872 in Uniden format (that is 80117 in Motorola 6-digit format).

Attention, question:

What Ind. ID I should use in Motorola PivacyPlus transceiver to listen specified above Type II TGID?

It's a screenshot MTX Series PrivacyPlus CPS:

mtxidmj2.gif

What should I use instead of 300-012С? There is any way to make ID conversion?

P.S.
I also have Uniden scanner - there can be it will something is useful in this business?

wireless_friendly

Banned
jim202 said:
First of all, why are you so concerned with blanking out the system ID? You will need this info to program up your scanner.
Scanner? I need to program transceiver (Motorola MTX), not a scanner. I already have scanner which works fine on this system.
Second, who cares about the individual ID.
What you mean?
You will also need the control channel frequencies.
I know them.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
He's saying that you don't need to worry about the individual id unless you need one specific to that trunked system. The ind id has nothing to do with a TG ID. I hate to say this, but you are probably going to be getting your radio inhibited by the system administrator because it sounds like you are new at this.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Well, I hope whoever has radio 700300 on that system never has a life-threatening emergency.. your presence on the system with that individual user ID is putting their comms in jeopardy.

wireless_friendly

Banned
Jay911 said:
Well, I hope whoever has radio 700300 on that system never has a life-threatening emergency.. your presence on the system with that individual user ID is putting their comms in jeopardy.
1. How exactly? See below:
2. I have a PP radio with affiliation type = PTT. How I can prevent someone if I am not registered on a site?
3. This is not mission critical system;

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Even privacy plus radios can affiliate without PTT, even if set to PTT. I can't be bothered to go through all the reasons why, mainly because it's not my goal to give you ways to try to get around this kind of thing. However, I will say this. If you are running with an individual ID that is already in use on the system, trying to hide under someone else's activity, eventually the system will notice you - probably when the other user is trying to do something and you're on the system. Trunking controllers, when presented with multiple instances of one ID on a system, will automatically kill all but one instance of that ID. To do this, it makes an educated guess at which one "deserves" to be on the system. Sometimes that may end up in your favor and sometimes it may not. When it knocks you off, that's a nuisance to you because you'll just have to switch back to a scanner like you should be using in the first place. If the other guy with your radio ID gets kicked off, well, even if it isn't a "mission critical" system, let's hope he's not in the middle of trying to tell someone he rolled his delivery truck and needs an ambulance, or is being robbed of his taxi fares at gunpoint, or whatever.

Hopefully the MSS shops in your area will do the right thing when your MTX gets sent in after a ROS_IDLE gets pushed to it.

That's all I'm gonna say on this subject. Bad idea, even worse attitude when told so.

Status
Not open for further replies.