Pro-106: Motorola Type II Smartnet "Status Bits"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE4VE

I understand that the Pro-106 has no Status Bit control for Motorola IDs.
But I am wanting to program this system..
Georgia Department of Corrections MOT Trunking System, Milledgeville, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies
and I am confused as to how to go about this.
I understand how to program it and I understand how Status Bits work. What I don't understand is.. Do I need to program each TGID with each Status Bit added to the ID for the scanner to receive it (since the scanner itself doesn't have the ability)?

Any help, info or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, in advance.

John.

AE4VE

The status bit is not a TGID parameter is it?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
41b299a5657bce9631e0ce02766dd078.jpg

I assumed that it was..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

n5ims

I may be wrong, but I believe that the 106 will mask out the status bit so simply programming the TGID, you'll get any transmissions for that TGID, regardless of what status bit may be added. Now, if you have wild-card TGIDs active, you may see the "weird" TGIDs that reflect the status bit added though. I don't remember if it will still show any text you have identified with that TGID or just show the ID + code number.

AE4VE

I may be wrong, but I believe that the 106 will mask out the status bit so simply programming the TGID, you'll get any transmissions for that TGID, regardless of what status bit may be added. Now, if you have wild-card TGIDs active, you may see the "weird" TGIDs that reflect the status bit added though. I don't remember if it will still show any text you have identified with that TGID or just show the ID + code number.
Do you happen to know what the wildcard "ID" is for the Motorola Type II Smartnet system?
Or is it still the "*", like for the P25 trunking systems?

n5ims

Do you happen to know what the wildcard "ID" is for the Motorola Type II Smartnet system?
Or is it still the "*", like for the P25 trunking systems?

I believe that budevens answered you in your other thread on this question (http://forums.radioreference.com/ge...19-wildcard-id-motorola-type-ii-smartnet.html). Be aware that this site's policy is pretty strict on cross-posting (posting the same question on multiple threads). While I understand that this question is basically an extension of your original question, you should be careful in the future when doing what may be considered cross-posting. I am not a moderator so this isn't anything official, just a friendly warning so you don't end up getting any official warnings or temporary bans.

AE4VE

I believe that budevens answered you in your other thread on this question (http://forums.radioreference.com/ge...19-wildcard-id-motorola-type-ii-smartnet.html). Be aware that this site's policy is pretty strict on cross-posting (posting the same question on multiple threads). While I understand that this question is basically an extension of your original question, you should be careful in the future when doing what may be considered cross-posting. I am not a moderator so this isn't anything official, just a friendly warning so you don't end up getting any official warnings or temporary bans.
Oh, yeah, I can understand that. I'm definitely not trying to cross-post. Especially since I am still trying to get a definite answer to the original question for this thread.
The wildcard was just a spur-of-the-moment question and then I figured I would be better off creating a new thread in the correct forum to get a definite answer.
Thanks for the heads up though.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I recall, without any direct reference that Smartnet II systems could be set up with odd and even talkgroups so that true Priority Scan would work in the subscribers. Not sure exactly how this worked but it cut in half the number of available talk groups. I would be curious if P25 had something similar. The mechanism was that the special TG ID of the active priority group would be interspersed with the subscribers TG within the low speed data.

Status
Not open for further replies.