• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR 6550 DSP voice quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedluckau

This is from the Motorola IMPRES™ Audio Accessories WHITE PAPER

Using the latest in audio processing technology, MOTOTRBO two-way radios contain a digital signal processor (DSP)

My Question is does the DSP work the same when in analog mode to enhance
audio clarity, and voice quality?

knowmototrbo

Sorry I don't have the exact answer to your question, but this might help. I believe that in Digital Mode there is more processing being done, such as compression into the digital codec (AMBE+2) and noise cancellation for the radios as opposed to the regular analog audio.

Personally, I think the analog audio sounds much better than the digital on the same device-you can better determine the actual persons voice features, where the digital seems muffled.

Does it actually matter if it does use the DSP? If you want to hear analog or digital samples to see how good they sound, I'm sure someone can post a comparison of the samples.

stevedluckau

XPR 6550 audio vs other high tier radios

Thanks for the information.

How it sounds is the important thing, but it would be nice to know if X-Pand or DSP is used in analog or any other technology for crisp, clear audio.

How does the analog audio compare to radios like the CP200, HT750, and EX600 XLS? Would be nice knowing XPR 6550 has first rate analog audio to go with the digital.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
if you have a moto dealer nearby they usually have demo radios you can hear for yourself right there in the shop, especially at the larger shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.