• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR 7550 Repeater Programming Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTSECURITY

I'm sorry if this has been posted about already but I have had no luck finding it in the search criteria for this particular radio and this issue.

To start off, I am posting on behalf of my company, a security company, and we are trying to program our Motorola XPR 7550 radios to work with a repeater setup in our local area of Warren County KY. We work with and assist law enforcement agencies in the area but do not have a repeater currently setup by us. The state granted us the use of their repeater system and the information is as follows

Frequency: 460.57500
Type: RM
Tone: 100.0 PL
Alpha Tag: WC EMA
Mode: FM

We are attempting to put our radios on the Warren County Emergency Management repeater system which is county wide, we have permission from the county to do so however we can't figure out how to program the radios with the 100.0 PL tone or any PL tone for that matter. The Motorola CPS version that we have doesn't have anything about PL tones in its descriptions. We came across a article that said the "Quick-Call II" or "Capacity Plus" is what we would use but we have no way of actually figuring out how to configure the radios because nobody in the county programs these radios. The current radios are sent off somewhere to be programmed but we have everything in house to do it. We just don't know how to configure the settings or put a PL tone into it. We have never programmed them with a PL tone before. We did have them on a repeater system and was able to program that just fine, we just don't know how to put PL tones in.

If anyone could help us with how to program the PL tone into the Motorola XPR 7550 using the CPS software we would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance and again, sorry if this has already been answered somewhere.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved from the Amateur Radio forum as this has nothing to do with Amateur Radio.

N4KVE

It's right there on the page with the freq's etc. Of course when you add a new channel, you have to make sure it's an analog ch. You can not convert a digital ch to analog.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
You may already be getting people offering help via Private Message. If you do not get resolution quickly, feel free to pm me your email address and I will help. This should take only a few minutes per radio. TT

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You may already be getting people offering help via Private Message. If you do not get resolution quickly, feel free to pm me your email address and I will help. This should take only a few minutes per radio. TT

He's only got one post so it will be a while yet before he can use PM's.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Set up your frequency like so. Make sure the squelch type is set to TPL, and then the TPL frequency of 100.0.

Attachments

• motorola.jpg
    motorola.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 706

GTSECURITY

XPR 7550 VHF programming

Hi everyone,

So if you haven't seen my other post on here, I'd like to say that I own a company in KY and we work with local law enforcement to assist them in day to day operations. We recently received permission to monitor and use local official radio channels and we were able to get the UHF channels set up (403.0000 and higher) but our radios won't allow us to program VHF channels in. We read the manual and it says we have the VHF, UHF, DMR, Analog combination model that allows us to program all those types in. Every time we try programming anything below 403.0000 it changes it back to 403.000.

Example: we setup a digital channel or analog channel and attempt to program in 157.6734 in the RX frequency but the second we click on anything else it changes it back to 403.0000.

We're using Bluetooth to program the radios and Motorola CPS version 13.5 I believe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
The XPR7550 is not a multi-band radio. If it won't let you program below 403 MHz you have a UHF radio (403-512 I believe).

And I moved your question to your existing thread since it pertains to programming as well.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Kevin is correct. The XPR-7550 is a mono-band radio. Your radio covers 403-512MHz(520 can't remember exactly). The spec sheets show ALL bands, but each radio is only one of the available band segments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.