Motorola XTL 2500 speaker cable.

Can anyone point me to the right speaker cable to connect to my XTL2500??
I just picked it up from a guy and I have the speaker but no connection cable. I can provide pictures if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the cable by itself. It's will accept the Spectra accessory connector. You said you had a Spectra power supply so I assumed you were replacing an existing Spectra and already had the cable that has the speaker plug on it. With that, you can remove the cables from the Spectra, install this cable on the back of the XTL and all your old Spectra cables will plug back in.

If you don't have an existing Spectra adapter that had the audio plug for the speaker on it, you will need the first cable I posted, HLN6863

I just got it home and put it on the astron power supply and didn’t get any power. So idk if the radio even works now which is disappointing

There is the standard power cable plugged into the radio running direct from the power supply. It was my old CDM1550LS astron power supply. I plugged directly to the radio

Yeah. I will tinker with it later to see what’s wrong with it. If not, I will send it off to a shop be evaluated. I picked it up on the letgo app for $90.

You may need an iginiton sense. I just always assume it's needed. That's the first cable I posted. Also has the speaker adapter. If that doesn't work then there is likely something wrong with the radio.

Not knowing how the radio is programmed it most likely needs to see 12v on ignition sense to power on.

Ignition Sense Cable
Motorola supplies an ignition sense cable
and recommends that it be used with every
mobile
installation. The ignition sense cable allows the radi
o to be turned on and off with the vehicle ignition
switch, and allows the radio to “remember” the state
of the radio on/off switch, even if it is changed
while the vehicle is off.
• For radio ON/OFF control independent of the ignition switch, connect the red ignition cable (yel-
low for remote) (pin 25 of accessory connector) to “battery hot” at the vehicle fuse block (dash
mount only).
• For radio ON/OFF control via the ignition swit
ch, connect the red ignition cable (yellow for
remote) to “ignition” at the fuse block.
Note that for remote mount installations, the red and yellow leads are connected, not the red lead
from the rear of the radio. See
Table 2-1
The ignition sense cable uses either a 3-amp (P/N 6580283E01) or 4-amp (P/N 6580283E02) fuse.

marcotor

Premium Subscriber
Because it's programmed that way. You CAN program the XTL to power on without the IS, but most XTL's on the surplus market are not programmed that way. Get the cable, you need it anyway for the speaker.

I am also seeing the black mark on the control head in the right hand corner. I am not sure if that’s something that might need to be addressed like a blown screen?

Nevertheless, I purchased the cable just now.