• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazybob

I'm about to purchase a Motorola xts3000 III UHF and a xts3000 III VHF. I have the CPS programming software but I am wondering specifically if the UHF software can drop as low is 440.000. I am certainly willing to lose the top end at 520.000. Would I need to adjust the VCO in the XTS? Lastly, how can I tell if the XTS is capable of FPP?

The 440 version identifier is H09SDF9PW7BN flash code 590008-0C0600-3 and the VHF is H09KDH9PW7BN flash code 100004-000000-4. I read some people say that the 3000's are not capable of FPP and I know otherwise. I know a couple of hams have 3000 and they have a simple keyboard command. Is there a mod for this? How do they get FPP? Q52 and Q53 options? How do I get flashed for these options

Thank you in advance.

krazybob

Thanks Mike. I was expecting someone to answer with that. No, one has a 3000. I've held it; I've used it and I have a large assortment of Motorola's. No argument intended. He only recently purchased a 5000. Government software perhaps? Others that I know also have 3000's in assorted colors but definitely 3000's.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
XTS3000

I have three XTS3000 radios and several EF Johnson 5100s. Some of the 5100 radios are actually Morotola designs and they can do FPP, but I have yet to see FPP on the 3000s. If you get the correct model on UHF, it easily covers the range you want, but no FPP.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I suspect the price on 3000s would be a lot higher if they'd FPP.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The UHF S split XTS3000 will go down to 440MHz without issue with modified CPS, no tuning required on the radio. Even using P25 I've never had any issues with the numerous S split 3000's I've owned over the years in the lower end of the Ham band. No FPP on 3000's ever. I usually always opted for the model II for this reason.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
And another NO the 3000 will in no way no how do FPP.. Also the EFJ is not a Motorola design. The closest it comes is the first versions used a Motorola RF board after that the only commonality is the batteries antenna and audio accessories. The BS going around about Motorola designed it so there was a competitive bid for government contracts is all a load of ......

krazybob

I admit when I am wrong. The one ham that I "knew" was using a 3000 on one occasion actually switched to the 5k - same color. You are correct Mike and others. This ones on me. I DID read that there was a government model for the 3K and I fell for it. What is a fair price for a VHF and a UHF high split (450-520)? Will the high split slide down? I can live with a non-FPP since my BK Commander was stolen. I loved that radio. Damn did I love that radio...

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
One more thing - can these be Frankenstein-ed like some others and I not get what I think I'm getting?

Only between 3000s. Maybe a 3500 but they are not common. The counter to the 3000 was the Astro saber which was a different form factor. You could flash the different models around but that's about it for the 3000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I admit when I am wrong. The one ham that I "knew" was using a 3000 on one occasion actually switched to the 5k - same color. You are correct Mike and others. This ones on me. I DID read that there was a government model for the 3K and I fell for it. What is a fair price for a VHF and a UHF high split (450-520)? Will the high split slide down? I can live with a non-FPP since my BK Commander was stolen. I loved that radio. Damn did I love that radio...

The 450-520 or S split radios will go down to 440MHz without issue. You will have to hex edit your CPS to have this work. If memory serves me correct I think it will go down to about 448 or so unmodified. Anything lower you need to hex edit the CPS.

krazybob

That's great info SkyPilot. I'm unsure if I want a non-FPP radio. I truly loved my Bendix King but all of my ham HT's are bat wings. I don't mind programming them and could live without FPP only because there are only so many repeaters in Los Angeles. I'd just program them all.

krazybob

I picked up the VHF III today and I look forward to it arriving Friday. I got a super sweet deal on a completely refurbished XTS3000 VHF III, new wide band antenna, new battery w/belt clip, new speaker mic, and intelligent mobile rapid charger. I can't say what I paid. When it arrives I'll give a report and if its good enough I'll let you know. He DOES know of several 3000's that were hacked and made FPP and is getting me the specifics. I won't hold my breath on this one and tend to believe the masses here. Next month I'll get the XTS3000 II P25 UHF 450-520. In the mean time I have numerous MT2000/MTS2000's to sell.

The vendor also have full convertacom's going for only $350 rather than $600 as others are offering.

Motorola XTS3000 XTS5000 XTVA Convertacom NTN8561E Advanced

I'll let you know in case someone is interested. I know these days with so many choices and modes I've decided too stick with analog/P25. For now...

THANK YOU for the advice.

krazybob

He's not a friend but a vendor and no, that isn't his name. I focused on making a fair deal on a computer programmed professional radio. I got the deal I could live with. There are only so many VHF repeaters. Only a couple P25. Even simplex... Thanks for your early advice.

N4KVE

I have three XTS3000 radios and several EF Johnson 5100s. Some of the 5100 radios are actually Morotola designs and they can do FPP, but I have yet to see FPP on the 3000s. If you get the correct model on UHF, it easily covers the range you want, but no FPP.
I was under the impression the early 5100's were made with XTS5000 boards. Hence the FPP. Don't the 5100's use 3000/5000 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.