• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XTS5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

The Ohio MARCS system is up & rinning. Our county has checked in to pricing (the Motorola XTS5000) of some portables compatable with operating on the system.

Our LOWEST quote is about $3,900.oo per radio. Does this seem about normal? :confused:

We want the encryption option as well as the keypad on the radios....

Thanks,

Steve/Gallia 911

jerk

SLWilson said:
The Ohio MARCS system is up & rinning. Our county has checked in to pricing (the Motorola XTS5000) of some portables compatable with operating on the system.

Our LOWEST quote is about $3,900.oo per radio. Does this seem about normal? :confused:

We want the encryption option as well as the keypad on the radios....

Thanks,
Steve/Gallia 911
Looks about normal, might even be a good price if with encryption. They also have the 2500 and the 1500 series radios. Indiana SAFE-T site has a State Bid price, and i believe several other States do as well. That will give you a reference as to it being high or low. From Indiana it shows to be a very good price. You could save some money by going to limited key pad. Also, know encryption adds 300+ to a radio.

AL

W0JJK

Is that a model I, II or III? It sounds right for a Model I.

A model I will only 48 total modes and no display.

A model II can do the same amount of modes as a model III and a display for a couple bucks more then the Model I.

Good luck, KC0LOD

red8

that would sound about right give-or-take a few, hey SL, could you
tell me if MARCS is in use at all the post in Lawrence County. I have a
cousin who works for SouthEast Ohio EMS
thank you for help
red8

SLWilson

Lawrence County, OH

Yes, the MARCS system (voice anyway) is UP & UNNING in Lawrence County....We can hear them here in Gallipolis.....Steve ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.