BCD436HP/BCD536HP: MotoTrbo oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have a large MotoTrbo network programmed into my 436HP. I have a number of talk groups programmed in and listen with ID search turned off.

Yesterday I noticed that randomly, I'd get traffic from talk groups that I didn't have programmed. The display would show a TG that was programmed, but the voice traffic definitely belonged to a different type of company.

For example, at one point the TG for a private ambulance company was displayed, but the traffic was clearly from a HVAC company as they were talking about picking up parts for a boiler repair.

Same thing happened briefly this morning.

It seems to have corrected itself, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yup, happens all the time.

Makes it tough to find new groups when you can't trust the groups the scanner is showing.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have to say that I've never noticed it before. One other thing I noticed when I was hunting down different conventional frequencies used in by my town. I had to lock out a conventional channel in another system in because it was bleeding over into the system I was trying to listen to.

Which is odd, but hasn't happened lately either.

I hope Uniden figures the TG thing out, because as you note it's a bit annoying.

Generally, I used DSD+ to find new talk groups and don't want to search when I'm using my x36HP scanners, especially the one in my truck.

Yup, happens all the time.

Makes it tough to find new groups when you can't trust the groups the scanner is showing.

k3fs

I have seen the display show the wrong system, but the correct talk group. The talk group will however be tagged as it would be on that system. I have seen it show system A TG 1, when in reality it is system B TG 1. The unit ID has been a big help in confirming this problem.

On play back of recordings, the unit id display can lag, or just stay the same.

On capacity plus systems, there have been numerous false TG displays. None have audio.

LCN finder works poorly on capacity plus, if it all.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Everything displays properly. Talk group, site, alpha tag. It's just that the voice traffic doesn't match the talk group.

I'm sure the software engineer will figure it out at some point.

I have seen the display show the wrong system, but the correct talk group. The talk group will however be tagged as it would be on that system. I have seen it show system A TG 1, when in reality it is system B TG 1. The unit ID has been a big help in confirming this problem.

On play back of recordings, the unit id display can lag, or just stay the same.

On capacity plus systems, there have been numerous false TG displays. None have audio.

LCN finder works poorly on capacity plus, if it all.

D

DaveNF2G

There are a number of complaints about Uniden scanners and how they deal with various forms of DMR. I think they are all related. Uniden evidently does not fully implement the DMR spec, so sometimes it does not work properly.

The same general issue exists with respect to P25 LSM. Uniden doesn't follow the spec, so the scanners have trouble decoding the signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.