Mototrbo systems in database eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping that as more DMR systems are logged, those that are Mototrbo will be entered into RadioReference as trucked systems with LCN's and TG's. I'm not having any luck figuring these things out on some local systems. I'm trying to figure out the Mid-Del Schools CAP system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping that as more DMR systems are logged, those that are Mototrbo will be entered into RadioReference as trucked systems with LCN's and TG's. I'm not having any luck figuring these things out on some local systems. I'm trying to figure out the Mid-Del Schools CAP system.

Can you post a link to the system?

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
The three freqs are 154.4975, which is the assumed control channel, as that's the one that constantly comes on with no audio, 159.8475, and 159.600. I don't know. Maybe I have the wrong one selected. The license is WQKZ744. Take a look and see if you can figure it out. I've been going looney trying to figure what freqs do what based on their locations throughout the city.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Its always going to be difficult with the scanner to figure the systems out on a normal scanner without software assistance, DSDplus is really the way to go and can be set up for as little as $30.00

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
After looking at the FCC license data, 159.8475 is listed as FX1, so I have changed my programming with this as LCN 1 and 154.4975 as LCN 2. We'll see how this works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
After looking at the FCC license data, 159.8475 is listed as FX1, so I have changed my programming with this as LCN 1 and 154.4975 as LCN 2. We'll see how this works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's not correct. Location code FX1 is a control station, generally on the input side of the system. See FCC Station Class Codes - The RadioReference Wiki

The FCC license listed is WQKZ744 (MID DEL SCHOOLS ISD 52) FCC Callsign Details

There are two repeaters (FB2) listed, 154.4975 and 151.565. Each is listed twice, because the school district is licensed for both analog & MotoTRBO on each one (emissions codes 7K60FXE and 7K60FXE).

I would program each frequency separately as a One Frequency Trunked system. Since the two frequencies are licensed for separate locations, it's more likely that they are used independently of each other, not in a two-channel trunked system (LCN1 & LCN2). You could also put them in a conventional system, and see how the scanner displays them (DMR, CAP, CON, etc).

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Looking at the FB2's, you'd need an FB8 for the control channel of either Con+ or CapMax (Tier 3). If I were a betting man…which I am occasionally…*I'd suggest looking for either a 4 slot Capacity Plus (pseudo trunking) or two conventional repeaters. You'll notice the system cycling through time slots on a system activity basis if it's Cap+ (Repeater 1, TS1…Repeater 1, TS2…Repeater 2, TS1…Repeater 2, TS2) as a talk path is needed.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking at the FB2's, you'd need an FB8 for the control channel of either Con+ or CapMax (Tier 3). If I were a betting man…which I am occasionally…*I'd suggest looking for either a 4 slot Capacity Plus (pseudo trunking) or two conventional repeaters. You'll notice the system cycling through time slots on a system activity basis if it's Cap+ (Repeater 1, TS1…Repeater 1, TS2…Repeater 2, TS1…Repeater 2, TS2) as a talk path is needed.
I suspect that two "stand-alone" repeaters is the most likely. Besides. if you were setting up a 'full' trunked system, why would have two sites, each with a single, different, frequency?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I suspect that two "stand-alone" repeaters is the most likely. Besides. if you were setting up a 'full' trunked system, why would have two sites, each with a single, different, frequency?

You see it occasionally. Saves costs on receive/multi-couplers. If coverage overlaps that is (I haven't looked at the location details). I actually know of a Motorola shop running a Capacity Plus system in a similar arrangement. The two sites are separated by 3 miles but the terrain in the area is so flat the actual coverage difference is negligible.

Though it's becoming more common to see a single channel pseudo-trunk in use these days. Allows for better management of the resources but pseudo-trunking is not covered in the DMR standards and as a result no one's play's nicely with one another.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
That's not correct. Location code FX1 is a control station, generally on the input side of the system. See FCC Station Class Codes - The RadioReference Wiki

The FCC license listed is WQKZ744 (MID DEL SCHOOLS ISD 52) FCC Callsign Details

There are two repeaters (FB2) listed, 154.4975 and 151.565. Each is listed twice, because the school district is licensed for both analog & MotoTRBO on each one (emissions codes 7K60FXE and 7K60FXE).

I would program each frequency separately as a One Frequency Trunked system. Since the two frequencies are licensed for separate locations, it's more likely that they are used independently of each other, not in a two-channel trunked system (LCN1 & LCN2). You could also put them in a conventional system, and see how the scanner displays them (DMR, CAP, CON, etc).

154.4975 displays as alternating DMR and CAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.