MotoTRBO Trunking Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
My county is building a Mototrbo Trunked System with several vhf repeaters for all of the Fire departments in the county . Will all of the repeaters on the trunked system all send data all the time like the single mototrbo repeaters ?? The single repeaters never shut up.
Here is the fcc license.
WQSL750 (APPLETON VOL FIRE DEPT) FCC Callsign Details

This would be likely better off in it's own thread as it really doesn't apply to the nuts and bolts of Capacity Plus trunking... but I'll see if I can help you out here.

How the system that you are referring to will function depends on a lot of things. When it comes to TRBO it could be an IPSite Connect system, in which case... yes, all the repeaters typically will carry the same traffic. If it's a Capacity Plus (in this case maybe Linked Capacity Plus) or Connect Plus then typically only the sites that have radios affiliated to them will carry the traffic. If there is a fire in the west end of the county, and all the radios are affiliated to sites in that area, then anyone on the east end will not hear anything. It all depends on which technology they use and how it's designed.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to the Motorola forum.

As far as your question goes, it depends. If it's a Connect Plus system than yes, one channel on the system will continuously send data. If it's Capacity Plus, than it acts more like LTR.

Single MotoTRBO repeaters do not send data all the time. I suspect whoever is using the repeater has AVL or other data enabled on their radios and that's what you're hearing.

A local garbage truck company has AVL and their repeater is quite busy. The local ski hill doesn't use data and their repeater is quiet unless somebody is talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.