Mount Olive VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
What is the status of the repeaters?

I notice in Budd Lake it sounds good but in the lower it gets crappy depending on where you are, but the cars don't seem to have any trouble.

I actually heard someone calling in from White Twp. Which isn't too bad. I can just barely hear it in Pine Brook.

Thanks,

Bob, K2NNJ

RocketNJ

Hi Bob,

You've got a couple of ridges in between Mt Olive and Pine Brook that may be causing the weak reception. Also the new system may be using directional antenna patterns to keep the signal where they need it and minimize co-channel interference.

How is it in the Mt Olive area? Have you tried listening there?

George

RocketNJ

ok, just pointing out the system isn't designed to work outside their area.

I remember years ago they used a transmitter steering system with voting receivers. Wodering if the new system is simulcast or not?

Next time I get out that way I have to punch it in the scanner

SCPD

QRT
The low band when it was in use was a steered voting system. They are simulcasting on 39.400 last I checked.

Bob K2NNJ

P.S. weak in Pine Brook but in Wayne it sounds ok. Strange..........

RocketNJ

If they are retransmitting the VHF signal on low band then that is multicasting. Simulcasting is when they transmit out on multiple tower sites on the same frequency.

mopd090

Currently the PD is only utilizing one VHF-Hi repeater in the Budd Lake section of town. Its on the hill near the Rt 46 dealerships. The repeater is connected via a telephone tie line. There are several receivers in the Flanders section which are also connected by telephone tie line.

The biggest problem is the low output of the repeater which creates dead spots in Flanders. We have the ability to transmit to hqs in Flanders yet can't recieve the dispatcher answering our call to "go ahead."

We are simulcasting only the dispatcher side of transmissions on the Old Low Band (39.40). Not multicasting or rebroadcasting VHF on the Low Band.

Status
Not open for further replies.