Mount Pearl Public Works (NL) Icom IDAS - with Analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all, regarding Mount Pearl Public Works (Icom iDas) Trunking System, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador - Scanner Frequencies as I prepare my scanner for my periodical maritime pilgrimage...

This system is listed as a NXDN IDAS system with analog talkgroups.

How does an Icom Digital Advanced System handle analog?

My understanding of the protocol leads me to believe that if it is trunked using IDAS technology, by definition, the talkgroups have to be NXDN digital. If the talkgroups are analog, it can't be an IDAS trunk. IDAS radios can do analog conventional, but that's not in a trunked system.

Can someone confirm if these channels are analog or NXDN please?

compuscan

I can't answer your question but the Mount Pearl Police use this system. (DEC 00-0011) Not many scanners can receive NXDN. Whistler TRX-1/2 will in the future, and the AOR AR-DV1 are the only two models I know of. If you figure it out, please post it here. Maybe the Icom R30 receiver will receive NXDN/IDAS.

"MUNICIPAL ENFORCEMENT

The City of Mount Pearl employs six Municipal Enforcement Officers who are responsible for the enforcement of all City Regulations and Municipal By-Laws.

Traffic and Parking

The City's Municipal Enforcement Officers actively enforce traffic and parking violations throughout the City. Officers have the authority under the City of Mount Pearl Act and the Highway Traffic Act to ticket offenders.

These include such offenses as:

Parking in Designated Handicapped Zones Without Permits
Parking in Fire Lanes
Parking in Unauthorized Areas
Speeding, etc."

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Hi all, regarding Mount Pearl Public Works (Icom iDas) Trunking System, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador - Scanner Frequencies as I prepare my scanner for my periodical maritime pilgrimage...

This system is listed as a NXDN IDAS system with analog talkgroups.

How does an Icom Digital Advanced System handle analog?

My understanding of the protocol leads me to believe that if it is trunked using IDAS technology, by definition, the talkgroups have to be NXDN digital. If the talkgroups are analog, it can't be an IDAS trunk. IDAS radios can do analog conventional, but that's not in a trunked system.

Can someone confirm if these channels are analog or NXDN please?

I'm not 100% sure about Icom, but Kenwood NexEdge/NXDN systems can do mixed mode.

The repeaters can be hooked to an LTR controller and still handle both analog and digital.

Or, someone just made an error in the entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.