Moving to New River

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I've done some searching around but I'm not even sure who patrols up there. I'm pretty sure it's MCSO and I'm pretty sure Daisy Mountain Fire is dispatched by Phoenix Fire.

I've lived out of state for a couple of years, so if someone could just point me in the right direction, zi should be good from there.

Thanks very much!

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Yes MCSO provides LE services to New River. I think it's DM station 146 for fire, and they are dispatched by PRDC.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Yes MCSO provides LE services to New River. I think it's DM station 146 for fire, and they are dispatched by PRDC.

Thank you, sir. I appreciate the follow up.

If anyone else has any suggestions for any other "must have" things for my scanner listening up there, please let me know. I appreciate it.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
That close to the county line, some YCSO is always a plus. DPS is another good one.

For YCSO, I would suggest the following - provided my memory serves me correctly on their areas, someone with more knowledge can certainly chime in:

Village Oak Creek
Cordes Junction
Squaw Peak (Camp Verde)
Black Canyon
Mingus (Not sure how well this will reach down to NR)

For DPS I would add the following 2 districts. The boundary is somewhere near there, and while a line on a map shows where, it's only a suggestion as required:

District 14 (Metro West)
District 12 (Prescott)

Last edited:

KB7MIB

MCSO East talkgroups. District 4.
Anthem Sheriff's Posse 453.3375 (I believe).

Daisy Mtn Fire & Rescue provides service to New River, Anthem, Desert Hills, and now Black Canyon City. They are dispatched by the Phoenix FD RDC. There are several stations in the area.

https://www.daisymountainfire.org/stations

DPS District 12 covers I-17 north of Carefree Highway. 460.425 (100.0).
DPS Metro West (460.300, (151.4) and 460.150, (100.0) West Tac) covers I-17 south of Carefree Highway to the 101. They also cover AZ-74/Carefree Highway between I-17 and US-60/Grand Ave, the 303 in its entirety between I-17 and I-10, the Agua Fria 101 from I-17 to I-10, I-10 west of the Agua Fria 101 to the La Paz County line, and portions of US-60/Grand Ave from about I-17 northwestward.

John
Peoria

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the responses. I have most of that stuff programmed in already, but that gives me a better idea of what to monitor and where.

I especially like the info about the DPS boundaries. I need to learn more about Metro East, Central and South, now that I have the lowdown on Metro West. I also didn't realize D12 came so far south. I guess I assumed that boundary was at the Maricopa/Yavapai County line.

Great info, though. Thanks again!

KB7MIB

The Maricopa-Yavapai County line used to be the boundry between Metro West and District 12. There's a DPS district boundry map floating around that you can zoom in on. I don't know the link off-hand, but it has been posted in a thread or 3 here in the AZ forums.
I'm sure Metro West units will go north of Carefree Highway on I-17 at times, though.

John
Peoria

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
There's a DPS district boundry map floating around that you can zoom in on. I don't know the link off-hand, but it has been posted in a thread or 3 here in the AZ forums.

Thanks, John. I may still have a copy of that map somewhere, too. I’ll have to look. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
It's been updated since the reinstatement of district 18. It's on DPS website I think

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Yes MCSO provides LE services to New River.

Would it be correct to say that calls for this area (New River) would be on MCSO East dispatch (TGID 43248)? If so, that radio covers a lot of territory. Just heard a traffic collision in San Tan Valley dispatched on East.

Last edited:

KB7MIB

Yes, MCSO East covers everything east of I-17.

District 1 covers most of the Southeast Valley, east of I-17 and south of Northern Ave.

District 4 covers most of the Northeast Valley, east of I-17 and north of Northern Ave.

District 5 covers the Salt River recreation area and the recreational lakes. You may also hear deputies patrolling up and down AZ-87, the Beeline Highway, as well as Tonto National Forest law enforcement officers doing the same. MCSO East and MCSO Lakes 1 are frequently patched together, outside of summer weekends.

District 6 covers Queen Creek. I believe this jurisdiction extends slightly into Pinal County, by an agreement with PCSO. (I believe Queen Creek's incorporated boundries cross into Pinal County.) I think the agreement is bi-lateral, and PCSO deputies can sometimes be seen in and around Queen Creek. PCSO is fully encrypted on their new radio system, however, so you won't hear them.

District 7 is Fountain Hills.

District 8 is the Mountain district, covering the regional mountain parks. (Formerly known as District 6 Parks & Trails (D6 being shared with Queen Creek deputies at the time), and before that they were the Maricopa County Park Police until they were absorbed by MCSO.)

On MCSO West, District 2 covers everything west of I-17 and south of Northern Ave, and District 3 covers everything west of I-17 and north of Northern Ave.

John
Peoria

rwier

Yes, MCSO East covers everything east of I-17.

District 1 covers most of the Southeast Valley, east of I-17 and south of Northern Ave.

District 4 covers most of the Northeast Valley, east of I-17 and north of Northern Ave.

District 5 covers the Salt River recreation area and the recreational lakes. You may also hear deputies patrolling up and down AZ-87, the Beeline Highway, as well as Tonto National Forest law enforcement officers doing the same. MCSO East and MCSO Lakes 1 are frequently patched together, outside of summer weekends.

District 6 covers Queen Creek. I believe this jurisdiction extends slightly into Pinal County, by an agreement with PCSO. (I believe Queen Creek's incorporated boundries cross into Pinal County.) I think the agreement is bi-lateral, and PCSO deputies can sometimes be seen in and around Queen Creek. PCSO is fully encrypted on their new radio system, however, so you won't hear them.

District 7 is Fountain Hills.

District 8 is the Mountain district, covering the regional mountain parks. (Formerly known as District 6 Parks & Trails (D6 being shared with Queen Creek deputies at the time), and before that they were the Maricopa County Park Police until they were absorbed by MCSO.)

On MCSO West, District 2 covers everything west of I-17 and south of Northern Ave, and District 3 covers everything west of I-17 and north of Northern Ave.

John
Peoria

Hi John,

Since I can't find references to MCSO "Districts" in the DB, is that something you hear only on the transmissions? Or maybe I am just confused. Are there public text references to Districts 1-8, and do they refer to MCSO activity? Thanks!

KB7MIB

The first number of a patrol deputy's callsign indicates the district they're assigned to. The next two numbers indicate the beat within the district. The alpha designator at the beginning indicates whether they are a 1 or 2 deputy unit, and the shift they are assigned to. I can post the alphas if you need those.

Most of the information I have was provided by the Southwest Frequency Directory, which was last published 9 years ago, and updates that are posted here by those in the know, as well as what we (the members here) have collectively gathered by our monitoring.

John
Peoria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.