MPSCS/MSP Sites Reporting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8chb

MacombMonitor said:
Numerous MPSCS/MSP sites reporting radio problems this morning.

Bill,

The Ann Arbor Baker road site is working fine on district 1 or 2 .

Rog

mikey60

It appears to me that the Romeo site has some issues. It's not advertising any adjacent sites, and they aren't advertising the romeo site. It makes it more difficult for the radios to find that site while operating...

Mike

bigbluemsp

seamusg said:
Has anyone heard anything more on the Romeo site?

Its still down, techs have been working on it trying to get it back up and running. I heard that they are going to up the power to the Dexter Tower to handle the workload a little better for more output.

mikey60

bigbluemsp said:
Its still down, techs have been working on it trying to get it back up and running. I heard that they are going to up the power to the Dexter Tower to handle the workload a little better for more output.

I don't see how increasing the power on the Dexter (Ann Arbor) site would help the situation with the Romeo site...

Mike

bigbluemsp

mikey60 said:
I don't see how increasing the power on the Dexter (Ann Arbor) site would help the situation with the Romeo site...

Mike

Transfer of power by boosting it will increase reception to portable and mobils when the tower is down.

Its the same thing our county does when the west tower is down. The central and south towers power is boosted and reception out west increases.

Tower should be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

mikey60

bigbluemsp said:
Transfer of power by boosting it will increase reception to portable and mobils when the tower is down.

Its the same thing our county does when the west tower is down. The central and south towers power is boosted and reception out west increases.

Tower should be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

The point was that the Dexter tower was too far away to have any effect on the Romeo tower. I could see some benefit to upping the power on the surrounding sites (Mt. Clemens, Holly and Richmond sites), but even that would be minimal...

Mike

MacombMonitor

I'm hearing more reports of problems with the MPSCS today. Some are getting very agitated, and outspoken! Can't say as I blame them.

seamusg

MacombMonitor said:
I'm hearing more reports of problems with the MPSCS today. Some are getting very agitated, and outspoken! Can't say as I blame them.
The Romeo site is still not completly up. It's only showing Mt. Clemens as a neighbor.
It looks like their having microwave trouble.

mikey60

seamusg said:
The Romeo site is still not completly up. It's only showing Mt. Clemens as a neighbor.
It looks like their having microwave trouble.

In addition, the Mt. Clemens tower is the only tower I can hear that is advertising the Romeo tower as an adjacent site. That will make the handoff from one tower to another less than smooth depending on where a unit is moving from/to.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.