MSCommNet Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW1

LOL This system is such a wast of money. Harris Comm got the contract and sold them on this idea. There are so many patches and remote links to this it would be a miracle if it works a whole year without any issues.

mainetrunk

Me.S.P

This oughta be good. I been monitoring the freqs for York County, no noise. I also know they already have about 20 freqs they dont use. They should use them, but I guess they can do that.

mainetrunk

Thats the 2nd time Ive heard a trooper refer to the new set up..They got the radios installed, but I guess a certain tower gives a skip-or something...If theres a problem now with analog-whats p25 going to do?

mainetrunk

Just an update for this new system;theres alot of trees cleared out, but no sign of developmment for the new system. I'd like to be there when a TRUCK shows up with equipment. Mt. Aggementicus has some hair pin corners. The steepest part has to be at least a 15 dgrees angle..

mainetrunk

IF a system starts out as analog to become p25, then I got news.. I have been getting analog hits past couple of days--silent with no tone. Heres What I caught
170.100------registerred to waterboro site
172.625-----also waterboro
173.425----same
160.950---"" ""
I just got a p25 hit on 160.650, not quick enough to decode it.

I just got a hit on 172.425, ( also a waterboro site freq ) pl 162.2. .160.650 also came in csq with someone looking for someone else..test? 172.425 was csq. Now they are doing 15 second key-ups, as opposed to the 3 second tests they were doing

They are currently blasting a weird p25 signal on 160.950--nac of 293... The analog version of this sounds familiar. The tone they are blasting is the tone to get the pd's attention for an important annoncement. 1 long running sound.. It is still going

Last edited by a moderator:

Digger

They are currently blasting a weird p25 signal on 160.950--nac of 293... The analog version of this sounds familiar. The tone they are blasting is the tone to get the pd's attention for an important annoncement. 1 long running sound.. It is still going

They have been doing this from north to south over the last few weeks. There are vehicles driving every road in Maine and capturing the signal data from each site. This is part of there required testing.

mainetrunk

Wow, that's some gas money! Every road.. Back to the analog signals I mentioned earlier--they run --down the line-- if you will, 1 freq at a time, 30 second burst--1 time I heard 2 guys in the background chatting.. Thanx Digger!!

lost_in_maine

To stop this thread from going nowhere as usual, can a moderator make this a Sticky, and delete all the non-info posts?

Ok noticed it is already Stickied, but if we have 3 pages of non-info, kinda sux to read through

Last edited:

mainetrunk

The tone stopped. That freq is now putting out bursts like an ltr system. Even though it's not.

I am now hearing a signal on 160.860-Waterboro site-too weak to get a nac

Last edited by a moderator:

novascotian

Thanks Mainetrunk for mentioning that signal you heard. I am one who looks at these threads as a place to discuss things even if they are mere possibilities, not necessarily verified facts. Over the years I have found that little snippets of info like this have led to verified facts when we discuss and others check out the initial findings. I think in this case, if the original database for the system is so out of date, then all these leads are doubly important, even if they turn out to merely tell us what is not MSCommNet. Maybe I am too relaxed in my old age, but that's my take on it. Oh by the way I am not in Maine but I drive there quite often so am following this thread with interest.

k1xd

Thanks Mainetrunk for the updates on MSCOMMNET. I plan to add this to my feeds when it's up and running. Is there a time frame for completion of the system?

Dave

Digger

Thanks Mainetrunk for the updates on MSCOMMNET. I plan to add this to my feeds when it's up and running. Is there a time frame for completion of the system?

Dave

They have been talking being up in November, including some paperwork they submitted to the FCC this week for extension on some microwave antennas that won't be complete until Oct 31st (deadline).

Status
Not open for further replies.