MSCommNet Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I now have a working CC--170.5125--nac--077.. Sy:--- R--- S--- is the display
Alright, I think that's enough. Doing a post by post every time you hear something that may not be related to this system is not warranted for this thread. Please start your own thread and CONDENSE your postings.

If someone wants me to clean up this thread and can tell me post by post in an unbiased manner then I can clean it up. Please contact me via email; no responses in the thread. Thanks.

N3FAH

Hey guys, this may or may not be the right way or place to ask; but how do I set up a bandplan for the Maine Comm Net VHF P-25 system? My Pro-106 has preset bandplans for 700, 800, and 900 P-25 systems, but not VHF. I read somewhere that a Pro-106 programmed to P-25 Auto mode "should" automatically decode and set up the proper band plan. (Ahh... I've got my doubts about that, especially on VHF.)

Although I can receive a strong signal on the nearest control channel (157.515) when entered as conventional - nothing on the same freq when programmed as P-25 TSYS. So somewhere along the line I am missing a key ingredient - unless of course they are only transmitting test data and not actual trunking data on that control channel.

With frequencies "borrowed" from the railroads, etc, this will certainly be a "Non-standard" band plan (with a capital "N"). Then again, in a VHF P-25 system - is there any such thing as "standard"?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Maine45

..I read somewhere that a Pro-106 programmed to P-25 Auto mode "should" automatically decode and set up the proper band plan...
Although I can receive a strong signal on the nearest control channel (157.515) when entered as conventional - nothing on the same freq when programmed as P-25 TSYS...

The ability of the RS/GRE scanners to automatically establish a custom band plan on MSCOMMNET has not yet been determined. However, see post #105 in the MSCOMMNET thread at Scan New England MSCommNet Project 25 TRS - Page 5 for a band plan that seems to work (but may need further refinement.

157.5150 at Hosac Mountain is not presently in trunk mode, although it was (briefly) active as a control channel in the last couple of weeks. It has been transmitting a continuos test tone with a 293 NAC. The only site that has been operating in trunk mode in the York County area is Mt. Agamenticus, with a control channel of 171.6250.

N3FAH

WOW! Thank you, that's a big step forward. I will try that and see how it works. Interesting scrapple of frequencies they are using.

BTW I am in Wolfeboro Falls NH, and get a strong signal on that 157.5150. Must be oriented just right.

Thanks again, Dick S / N3FAH

rkillins

Worthwhile Programming For Fall Visit

With a trip planned into Maine for the first few weeks of September, would it be beneficial at this point to program in this system? I'm under the impression this system will be rolling out in autumn 2013 if it hasn't started already.

KB1VLA

You won't be missing anything by not having it programmed, all traffic remains on the current analog frequencies. The only activity on MSCOMMNET is radio techs so far. But, if you wanted to help us with some of the frequency/talkgroup confirmations, and signal reports from your location, that would be most appreciated!

kd1sq

Database Admin
Madawaska, New Sweden control channels are up

151.3175 control channel in Madawaska and 151.2150 in New Sweden are ackling away. Have been for a few weeks now.

Guess I'll have to get UniTrunker and a few other toys going.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Where is a good place to start adding all these mscomm freqs to my BCD996XT with the proper talk code.. I had all the RR stuff in my scanner and heard nothing!!

Last edited:

k1xd

I monitor the system. I don't believe it's operational yet. Some people have heard occasional test traffic.
I talked with a Maine SP trooper last fall and he said 2014 the "new" system should be operational.

kd1sq

Database Admin
Status

As far as I can tell locally (northern Aroostook area), all the sites near me are up, underwent a period of testing and are now largely quiet. The same seems to apply to the sites in other parts of the state judging by what others have said.

It looks as if now they're figuring out a number of problems they've encountered and it'll be a few months more before they're anywhere near going live.

Some people downstate have had some success in pinning down Region Net frequencies, up here I haven't caught anything yet but that may be due to my limited antennas and time to listen at present.

Once they do go live we should be able to profile stuff pretty quickly...

mainetrunk

I just recieved a possible ( patch job ) 172.425/162.2 has been testing today, so I turned on the 396xt and just got the hits.. On the Waterboro commnet repeater, ID 9995 appeared when 172.425 was testing on another scanner, they just did it again-- 16:25

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a file with the new MSCOMM talk groups and freqs to get me started on ARC or ARC PRO??? . I'm struggling very very much with matching talk groups and freqs. I'm Kinda SLOW and any help would be great!! Thanks Any help would be huge!!! RacnJason99@gmail.com

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I tried that but you have to match the talk groups with the frequencies and that's where i'm running into problems. Sorry I didn't call man. Its been crazy with no sleep and a ton of snow.. Im off to bed

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
Is this system getting close to being deployed? A number of sites have come online recently. I haven't heard any voice yet. Moreover does anyone know TGIDs yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.