MSP Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Explorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I have a question on the MSP Commerical Vehicle units Ford Explorers that are used to stop and inpection truck in Maryland. Looking at this units on the side of the highway or cruise the Interstates looking for truck to inspect there is no Lowband antennas on the SUVs. Do they use a hidden antenna for this band or is Lowband radio not installed in these SUVs? I have never heard them on Lowband even during and before stops. I feel that they are using Nextels/cell phones. I do no that they must get the DMV and DOT inforamtion on the trucks from a data service from onboard computer, since they give a printout to driver at the end of the inspection.

doctordave

Very good question. Likewise, I have never heard a peep on 39.66 - believed to be the MSP CID freq.

dpm797

I believe in Queen Annes county they have been using the 800 MHZ portable radios in the unit they have. Talk directly to Centreville barrack on the patch. I think, not 100% sure.

kb3jkc

All MSP vehicles are equipped with lowband radios, regardless of where they're assigned, as the troopers must be able to communicate with each other and with the barracks in every county in the state. In addition, some troopers may carry portables for the trunked system in the specific county where they normally work, if the couny has such a system.

2gigch1

Premium Subscriber
The ones I have seen on 270 look as though they removed the stock am/fm antenna and put a lowband whip in it's place; hard to tell but it just looks a bit too long...

Status
Not open for further replies.