MSP? on Mar 16 156.8Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
I was camping near Mackinac City on July 2,2018.

I was listening to the activity on Marine channel 16, 156.8Mhz around 10:30 AM, when all of a sudden I started receiving police dispatch activity.

At first I thought I had entered the wrong frequency, but when I looked at the radio display, it showed I was receiving WFM, not P25.

A woman dipatcher was dispatching police units to various rural road locations.

She spoke to a unit 493, gave him some instructions, and then abruptly shut off the xmtr on Ch 16.

I didn't recognize any of the road names so I am not sure if this was MSP, Emment County, or whomever.

a29zuk

Emmet and Cheboygan counties are still using VHF frequencies for their PD,FD, and EMS dispatches. They are patched to the MPSCS so they can also be heard on the state system.
I could be wrong but my guess is your campground is located near one of those towers and the signal was overloading your scanner causing it to be heard on other frequencies other than the primary ones.

Jim

Sent from my standard laptop with a standard keyboard.

Golay

Pick a Mike, Any Mike

I could be wrong but my guess is your campground is located near one of those towers and the signal was overloading your scanner causing it to be heard on other frequencies other than the primary ones.

My guess is she inadvertently grabbed the wrong mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.