• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTR3000 Repeater

zerodayjames

The dynamic range at that span is not that great. To get a better idea of how low the notch goes do this:

Set freq to the notch
Set span to 1 MHz or less, you want the pass off the display, just the notch
Input attenuator to 0, RF preamp on
Set your bandwidth (RBW/VBW auto) to 3 kHz. Slower the better
Tracking generator level to 0 dBm then normalize the display
Have at it
If you want to take the "hair" out of the bottom of the notch try changing the trace to power average and wait a bit.

Remember that span and bandwidth are your friends as far as sensitivity is concerned. You'll want to do the notch last then go back to a larger span to just eyeball how it all looks.

You are using a dummy load on the unused duplexer port and attenuators on the analyzer ports to soften any impedance mismatch, right?

I went back to using the T connector to hit each can individually. I lowered the bandwidth to 3kHz and reduced the span to 5 MHz. TG is at 0. The results are about the same. I am tuning the pass first, then the notch to dial things in.

I am using a dummy load when tuning the cans while they are connected. I am not using attenuators. Can you please provide a link or maybe more information on how to properly get these connected?

On a side note, I am hearing a sound of metal clanking from the cans from time to time. This usually happens later in the day when the temps start to rise. No more than 82F though. Is this normal?

Attachments

• NoiseFloorReduced1.png
    NoiseFloorReduced1.png
    877.2 KB · Views: 4
  • NoiseFloorReduced2.png
    NoiseFloorReduced2.png
    874.3 KB · Views: 4
  • NoiseFloorReduced3.png
    NoiseFloorReduced3.png
    488.9 KB · Views: 4

Ubbe

If you connect just two cans and measure, you still get that 70dB rejection? Then switch out one can for the third and if measure -70dB then it's all about the instrument not handling that dynamic range and you actually have a 110dB rejection using three cans. If the coax leaks, or the instrument or the dummy load or whatever that are in the chain, it should show if the levels change when you run your hands around the coaxes and instrument and dummy loads.

/Ubbe