• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTVA power cord and mike question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for the MTVA power cord and product number on the mike that I need for my mtva.
Couple of questions:
1. Can I use this without an amplifier box and run the rf output from the MTVA to the antenna.?
2. Any idea on the pinouts and/or the plug used for the power cord.?
3. Do I need a external speaker for this or will the output be thru the MT2000 radio.?
4. Does the MTVA need constant power or can I use a switch for when I dont want it to charge the radio?
I checked ebay...no luck on just the power cord.
They got mikes, just need to know the one I need. Nothing fancy thats for sure.
Any issues with the MTVA over-charging the battery and if so, is there anything that can be done about it.
Thanks all....

fineshot1

I am looking for the MTVA power cord and product number on the mike that I need for my mtva.
Couple of questions:
1. Can I use this without an amplifier box and run the rf output from the MTVA to the antenna.?
2. Any idea on the pinouts and/or the plug used for the power cord.?
3. Do I need a external speaker for this or will the output be thru the MT2000 radio.?
4. Does the MTVA need constant power or can I use a switch for when I dont want it to charge the radio?
I checked ebay...no luck on just the power cord.
They got mikes, just need to know the one I need. Nothing fancy thats for sure.
Any issues with the MTVA over-charging the battery and if so, is there anything that can be done about it.
Thanks all....

Do you have both the holder and control units and interconnecting cables? Model numbers please?

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
No..Just the holder...Thoughts thats all I needed.
Were on a 800 mhz smartnet system here

fineshot1

No..Just the holder...Thoughts thats all I needed.
Were on a 800 mhz smartnet system here

You are under the wrong impression. The holder unit gets its power fed from the control unit.
At the very least you need the NTN1322B = Non band specific Controller Unit(No RFPA) and
interface cable NKN6453A (8ft) or NKN6454A (16ft), and optional amplified speaker HSN1000B or HSN1006B. Microphone is a HMN1035C or HMN1056D. The control unit takes a normal motorola
radio power cable.

You could also opt (if you can find one) for a NTN1325B = Model: N1671B Option:Q150AA Controller/RFPA 800Mhz. This is a control unit with a PA for 800Mhz HT's.

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
Thanks fineshot....
I guess I got the wrong info.
I will get the equipment that you listed asap.
And thanks again....

fineshot1

Thanks fineshot....
I guess I got the wrong info.
I will get the equipment that you listed asap.
And thanks again....

Keep scanning ebay and some of the ham radio(qth.com, qrz.com, eham.net, batlabs)for this stuff - these MTVA parts have been getting cheaper by the month as they are are plentiful and due to the state of the economy the prices have been dropping since no one wants to spend $. Good luck

jerryhope

MTVA Cable Question

I have several MTVA 800 Mhz convertacom units for MTS2000, however I only have ONE NKN6453A cable.. These cables are hard to find at an affordable price..
It appears the cable is simply a standard 25 pin Parallel cable with DB25 connectors, PLUS the addition of one wire run externally for switched Battery sense

Has anyone tried to use a standard cable instead of the Motorola part ??

Any problems doing so ???

Thanks
Jerry

jerryhope

Cable info Needed for MTS2000 Convertacom (MTVA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have several MTVA 800 Mhz convertacom units for MTS2000, however I only have ONE NKN6453A cable.. These cables are hard to find at an affordable price..
It appears the cable is simply a standard 25 pin Parallel cable with DB25 connectors, PLUS the addition of one wire run externally for switched Battery sense

Has anyone tried to use a standard cable instead of the Motorola part ??

Any problems doing so ???

Thanks
Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.