much better scanning with control channel only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muskratt

I have some motorola type 2 trunking systems programmed on my 2 pro-197's. One system is a fringe system and I was trying to get better reception since it seemed like I was missing parts of transmissions and it was taking awhile to lock on to the control channel even though the signal strength was good. after a hour of messing around with settings, finally figured out that I had ALL the frequencies of the systems programmed in, not just the control channels. I deleted all the frequencies and ONLY put in the control channel and the difference was amazing.

I think i've had it programmed that way since the rebanding over 2 years ago....DOH!

DickH

I have some motorola type 2 trunking systems programmed on my 2 pro-197's. One system is a fringe system and I was trying to get better reception since it seemed like I was missing parts of transmissions and it was taking awhile to lock on to the control channel even though the signal strength was good. after a hour of messing around with settings, finally figured out that I had ALL the frequencies of the systems programmed in, not just the control channels. I deleted all the frequencies and ONLY put in the control channel and the difference was amazing.

I think i've had it programmed that way since the rebanding over 2 years ago....DOH!

Motorola systems can use up to 4 freqs. for control channels. Be sure you put in all of them because some systems rotate periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.