Murfreesboro, Rutherford County

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been monitoring the Murfreesboro, TN public safety (police, fire, etc) for many years now, but I have realized this past week that I am not getting everything I could be getting.

After the tornados that came through last Friday, the city was assisted (and is still being assisted) by multiple agencies, including neighboring sheriff's departments, and the Tennessee Highway Patrol. Through my monitoring of the Murfreesboro PD, I learned that the command stations set up after the storms were communicating on the public service channels. First question for someone - what is that frequency?

Second question - all I have programmed for the police are the two dispatch channels, and a car-to-car, which appears to never be used. After looking at the RR database recently, I've discovered about 25 more frequencies licensed to the city that I don't have programmed. Is it possible that I'm missing things by not using these frequencies? The system here is all analog, so I would guess that means none of it is encrypted (although I'm no expert and could be wrong), so there has got to be more to the transmissions than the standard dispatch stuff. I know the local PD uses Nextel for some communications, but I feel like there is more done on radio than I am picking up. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.