MW 530Khz Cuba??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafarm66

I have heard this station 530Khz at 0615 UTC on my Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I live in the Ft Lauderdale Fla area, It was buried in static but it was definitely Spanish with a male broadcaster. Does anybody know anything more about this station?

WA8ZTZ

Probably Radio Enciclopedia La Habana 530 with a 10 kw signal. Usually covered here (Michigan) by relatively close-by CIAO Brampton Ontario. The Cuban usually plays lots of good music if you can pull it in.

See the C.Crane TCA thread in the "Receive Antennas Below 30" Forum for an antenna that may help.

Last edited:

KR4BD

I can hear this Havana station on 530 kHz almost every night here in Lexington, KY. They do play very nice music, some in English. I hear it well on my IC-746 ham rig with longwire antenna and my Tecsun PL-606 multiband handheld receiver with internal antenna. By the way, the PL-606 is a great rig for travel which covers AM, FM, LW and SW. It is the size of a large pack of cigs. I have travelled all over Europe, the Atlantic, the Pacific, Central America, etc., and am amazed at how well it receives distant AM signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.