MWAA Tower Locations

Hbright

Can anyone confirm the locations of MWAA's simulcast towers? They're licensed to use 2400 North Wakefield St and 8675 Leesburg Pike, but I'm reasonably certain they've only using towers on the airport properties (at DCA and IAD). MWAA has historically had bad radio coverage at the east end of the Dulles Toll Road, and the Leesburg Pike tower would theoretically cover that area.

Outerbanks4wd

Premium Subscriber
For sure there is one at Tyson's where Metro swings over to the toll road from Rt 7, (referred to as Tyson's Tower). This site is on Airport property, since inception, and even more so since VDOT gave MWAA the Toll Road to fund the Silver Line. The data base shows Wakefield and licensed, which should be on the Arlington County water tower. Not sure if they built that site but would assume its up and working. Last time I went thru Tyson's I noticed some (extremely) high dollar antennas on Tyson's Tower, perhaps installed when P2 went active/built out. The Wakefield site should provide seamless coverage that was missing previously.