My 2005 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Gosh it always amazes me what people will take a picture of. There is a lot of work that needs to be done their. Man I hope you don't want your right knee because if you are involved in a front end crash say good by to it. You knee will be in a 1000 pieces.

If you are going to share with the world you radio set up, first make sure it is presentable and secondly hide all the wires. Gees that looks like a fire hazard. I have to say the cupcake wrapper really spices it up.

Holy Cow, what people think is nice. I would hate to see what the back seat looks like.

It's things like this that are the reason why I stay as a lurker of this section of the forums to look for ideas on how to improve my setup but would never post any pics of what I have set up. Everybody that posts something in here gets ripped about about everything they have. I'll save everybody the time.

At home it's a mess, there's wires tangled, dust, smudges on displays, & various clutter. My truck is even worse. I have my BCT15X on the seat with the wires run above the carpeting & mixed in with the wiring from my dashlight. If I have the portable it goes on the seat next to the 15X. Both items can fly around if I get hit. I have my 396XT on a visor if it's with me next to my Minitor V. Either one might fall off & knock me out or lose an eye there too. Oh and my 2 sets of bunker gear is in the back in a gear bag waiting to launch itself at the back of my head if I get rear ended or stop too quick. I better sew the bags into the carpeting to prevent that.

Helpful tips are fine. I've seen people point out things that are really good ideas but to see every picture/set up ripped mercilessly is sad. A good setup should have some clutter and look used & lived in. If I want to see something perfect I'll go to a museum and stare into a display hidden behind glass.

80z1r

Premium Subscriber
Poor college kid try bartering/trading work for work,if you are fairly intelligent help someone with their school work in exchange for properly in stalling your radios. Post it on a public bulletin board at your school.make sure you check someone out to be sure they knowledgable with auto mods. Just thought I'd give you an idea to improve what you started. Welcome to ameteur radio hobby and good luck in college.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Posts Deleted

I have just deleted 4 completely off topic posts.

Folks, this thread has suffered greatly with people expressing opinions about topics that have nothing to do with the OP's install. Consider this a warning that the next person (and every one after that) that posts something that doesn't deal with the OP's install is going to receive an infraction for failing to follow a moderator's request.

KM4WLV

This is my 2005 Honda CRV What you are looking at is

1 unidien BCT8 Scanner. The antenna for this is actually laying down tucked between the dashbored and the front windshield. It is actually mounted to the panel where you can access the fuse box for the car. There is an external speaker running up and is mounted on my B post right above my head.

I also have a basic uniden CB Radio. The antenna for this is a magnetic antenna that I just put on the roof for long car rides. The mic is placed around the shifter.

Lastly I have 1 of my portable radios that my fire company has issued me. It is MT750. This is mainly for our company private channel.

I will try and take more pictures of it later. This was taken on a phone camera in a garage

Blaster,

I wanted to jump in and say we all have to start somewhere. I could jump on the train of telling you what all is wrong with your install and how trashed the car is, but I won't. Instead I wanted to offer a couple suggestions.................

1 - The BCT-8 scanner. I have one and I think it's a great radio. It doesn't look like there is an AM/FM radio in the vehicle, and if you only drive it once a week ( I think I saw that somewhere, I understand why). The BCT-8 is a DIN sized unit and will fit in there. Maybe not as things are now though. You can go to your local car stereo shop and buy whats called a "Dash Kit" for your vehicle. It's what's used to mount an aftermarket stereo in vehicles. You can buy a single DIN if you just wanted to just put the scanner in the dash, or a "Double DIN" where you could install a stereo and the BCT-8 in the dash. I would eventually move the scanner though. Even though you have enough room now between your knee and the radio 20+ years in the FD has shown me that that space can become considerably smaller in an accident :) ( I'll attach a pic of where I had it in the dash of my 2005 Ford Five Hundred)

2 - The CB. I would move somewhere else. Not sure where. I don't really like putting things out of eye sight but maybe mount it to the side of the seat. I think I remember the CRV's having bucket seats. At least some of the older ones....... I'm guessing since the antenna only goes on the roof for long trips it's probably not being used that much.

I'm sure you've seen that there are good hearted people here and then you have the one's that want to bash you if you haven't spent $2,000 on your install. Out of all the installs I've done on my personal vehicles (not counting radio equipment), I've never spent more than $100 on the stuff for the install. Hardware, connectors, etc.........

Please don't let this keep you from being an active member on the forums here. As I said earlier, we all had to start somewhere. Some of my first install's before I got into the radio business as a profession were horendous to say the least, lol. There are a bunch of us who have been in this business for a long time and we're willing to help anyway we can !! As for the ones that want to be hateful about it I'm sure that you can see the moderators will handle it, just as loumagg did :)

I was going to post a pic but Photobucket is acting up, so here is a link to one of my install threads where you can see it :

http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...ford-five-hundred-revision-4-9-12-2010-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.