My 2005 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaster95

This is my 2005 Honda CRV What you are looking at is

1 unidien BCT8 Scanner. The antenna for this is actually laying down tucked between the dashbored and the front windshield. It is actually mounted to the panel where you can access the fuse box for the car. There is an external speaker running up and is mounted on my B post right above my head.

I also have a basic uniden CB Radio. The antenna for this is a magnetic antenna that I just put on the roof for long car rides. The mic is placed around the shifter.

Lastly I have 1 of my portable radios that my fire company has issued me. It is MT750. This is mainly for our company private channel.

I will try and take more pictures of it later. This was taken on a phone camera in a garage

Attachments

• 330264_10150364829360775_638420774_10376051_3587993_o.jpg
    330264_10150364829360775_638420774_10376051_3587993_o.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 4,943

GrumpyGuard

You might want to rethink the placement of the scanner. If you were involved in an accident your knee might be injured. Is there a way to run the wires from the CB behind the dash? How is the CB mounted?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Both the scanner and the cb could fit were you have the cb currently stuffed and then ytou can run all your wires behind or in dash for a much neater and safer set up

Blaster95

The scanner wont fit Where the CB is I have tried it there before. As for the CB its just sitting there not really mounted I'm still trying to decide if I want it there. Although I can't figure out a way to run the wires yet I have looked into it but my car is a pain to remove the dash

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RF-Burns

Gosh it always amazes me what people will take a picture of. There is a lot of work that needs to be done their. Man I hope you don't want your right knee because if you are involved in a front end crash say good by to it. You knee will be in a 1000 pieces.

If you are going to share with the world you radio set up, first make sure it is presentable and secondly hide all the wires. Gees that looks like a fire hazard. I have to say the cupcake wrapper really spices it up.

Holy Cow, what people think is nice. I would hate to see what the back seat looks like.

acurayyz

I'm sorry but that scanner in the storage pocket looks very sloppy. The least you could have done is clean up your trash before taking a picture. I can just imagine the condition of the rest of the car...

Blaster95

Ok let me explain some things. First off I'm a college student who just moved into a new apartment. I currently drive my car once a week if that. I havn't had time to clean it up. The CB is not properly mounted i know. I tend to take it out and go car to car with it. My family has 7 cars so I have a variety to drive and some times take the other ones on long drives so like to be able to move it without it being a hassle. The scanner being at my knee isn't as bad as you think I have a pretty good distance between my knee and the scanner. And what is in the cup holder is a bag of sun flower seeds. You need something to do when driving 3.5 hours to school...

CVPI4Ever

I'm sorry but that scanner in the storage pocket looks very sloppy. The least you could have done is clean up your trash before taking a picture. I can just imagine the condition of the rest of the car...

Its a CR-V, what do you expect? Sorry, my experience in an 07 CR-V for work for 3 years soured me more to Hondas. Then my rental '11 Accord reinforced my sour experience. I couldnt see an ideal place in a CR-V to mount anything at all really. Maybe if you custom made something.

Yea though, at least clear the trash away. I get on my fiance all the time for trashing her car.

Blaster95

I don't mind my crv I got it for a good price and its reliable I agree I should have cleaned it out first wasn't really thinking about it all That much

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
WOW instead of giving the kid some pointers on how he can make his install look better. C'mon guys hes just starting out I'm pretty sure most of you had some very questionable installs at one point. Instead of being immature, lets be adults here and give advice and not criticize.

SCPD

QRT
Gosh it always amazes me what people will take a picture of. There is a lot of work that needs to be done their. Man I hope you don't want your right knee because if you are involved in a front end crash say good by to it. You knee will be in a 1000 pieces.

If you are going to share with the world you radio set up, first make sure it is presentable and secondly hide all the wires. Gees that looks like a fire hazard. I have to say the cupcake wrapper really spices it up.

Holy Cow, what people think is nice. I would hate to see what the back seat looks like.

Comments like this are what ruins forums like this. This was quite rude, and to the poor collage student my sympathies go out. Don't take it personally from people like this.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Its a CR-V, what do you expect? Sorry, my experience in an 07 CR-V for work for 3 years soured me more to Hondas. Then my rental '11 Accord reinforced my sour experience. I couldnt see an ideal place in a CR-V to mount anything at all really. Maybe if you custom made something.

Not trying to take the thread O/T, however, the CRV is an excelent vehicle for radios. I'm on my 2nd CRV and I love it!

Blaster95

I don't mind criticism but you don't have rotc be an *** about it.

Do you have any pictures of your crv I would love to see What you have done

RF-Burns

Where does it state anything in his original post that he is a college kid? It doesn't, if I or the others knew he was a, "Poor College Kid" as you called him, we may have not stated what we did. But as we all no people love to put pictures on this forum of questionable installs that are hazards to their physical well being and others in the car.

Comments like this are what ruins forums like this. This was quite rude, and to the poor collage student my sympathies go out. Don't take it personally from people like this.

firetaz834

How do we teach the new people how to do it right, but by taking what they start with. Then, add constructive critism and then seeing what comes up afterwards.

Here he posted his before pictures, what we need to do as professionals is to give him the guidance and suggestions to improve on what he is doing. I have seen other pictures, the I might consider questionable but I always try to add something positive to help guide the person in the right direction.

I'm sorry, I don't have a honda so I can't offer a way to improve on you install. I can only offer this once suggestion. I know the scanner can have the case removed to allow it to be installed in the place where a radio is installed. Can you possibly do that. Also, just take the wiring and see if you can bundle it so it isn't just dangling all over. That might take a few spare moment but will greatly improve the visual appearance and maybe prevent a fire hazard.

Just post other pictures as you try different things to see if you can get some comment on what works and what doesn't.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Enough....

If you don't want to help or say anything nice, then just don't post.

My first install was a BC350a with telescoping antenna wedged between the seat and center console in my 95 Grand Prix and a cig lighter plug.

We all have to start somewhere.

GrumpyGuard

The scanner wont fit Where the CB is I have tried it there before. As for the CB its just sitting there not really mounted I'm still trying to decide if I want it there. Although I can't figure out a way to run the wires yet I have looked into it but my car is a pain to remove the dash

You should not have to remove the dash in order to run the wires. That plastic tray that your CB is sitting in should snap out. You can drill a small hole in the plastic (once removed so you don't damage anything behind it); run the wires from the CB through the hole and either the motor compartment (battery) or to the fuse block. If you run the wires up along the firewall away from the pedals and steering column you will have a much cleaner install. You should also fuse both the positive and negative leads to the CB. If you need instruction on how to remove parts of the dash join one of the Honda forums and they should be able to assist you.

SCPD

QRT
Where does it state anything in his original post that he is a college kid? It doesn't, if I or the others knew he was a, "Poor College Kid" as you called him, we may have not stated what we did. But as we all no people love to put pictures on this forum of questionable installs that are hazards to their physical well being and others in the car.

In his first reply it stated that he was a college student. And have you ever met a college student that wasnt poor? And it doesnt look to be to unsafe and you say, the scanner mount would break before any real damage was done to the knee. Its not like its mounted to the windshield and he cant see anything, (seen that before) And hey id take the under the dash accident versus the over and out the windshield crash any day :)

RF-Burns

James,

I have been in the fire service to many years and have seen many accidents where people have had radios, cb radios, cellphone mounts and just about everything else you can think of mounted in the same spot. If you think that radio will not hurt him in a serious head on car accident you are wrong my friend. In a head on crash that radio will shatter his knee and if it does come off the mount he has it on then who the heck knows what it will do. Can you imagine going 65 or 70 Mph and the radio comes off the mount in a head on MVA, holy cow you better duck your head and cover your chest because that thing will take off your head.

I see you are a nursing student and a EMT Basic, keep an eye out during your training, you soon will find out what happens to loose items in cars during a serious MVA, they turn into a high speed projectile!

In his first reply it stated that he was a college student. And have you ever met a college student that wasnt poor? And it doesnt look to be to unsafe and you say, the scanner mount would break before any real damage was done to the knee. Its not like its mounted to the windshield and he cant see anything, (seen that before) And hey id take the under the dash accident versus the over and out the windshield crash any day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.