My Cool Battery Go Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
This is what I built learning from Youtube (Thank You JDS OUTDOORS) It's 3 batteries 12VDC 15Ah each gives me 45 Ah total. It has 5Vdc USB plugs for phone charging and a 12VDC socket for my small ac inverter if ever needed? Then I added 4 power posts and here's where it gets cool! In that circuit I added the DC to DC power supply that allows me to step up to 13.8 VDC and hold that evenly until I think the batteries drop below 9VDC? Will have to test that? The plan is running 3 scanners BCD536HP/BCT15XT and Pro 2035. At the same time have a Rasberry Pi for Stratux ADSB running for aircraft tracking. If the Ipad goes down I can charge that up as well. Added the LED's for a pathway light or camp light. Cool project!!

Attachments

• IMG_1087-2.jpg
    IMG_1087-2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,155
  • IMG_1086-2.jpg
    IMG_1086-2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,160
  • IMG_1085-2.jpg
    IMG_1085-2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_1083-2.jpg
    IMG_1083-2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG_1082-2.jpg
    IMG_1082-2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,144

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Very functional! Are the batteries and power supply secured should the case take a tumble to prevent a possible short?

RFI-EMI-GUY

This is what I built learning from Youtube (Thank You JDS OUTDOORS) It's 3 batteries 12VDC 15Ah each gives me 45 Ah total. It has 5Vdc USB plugs for phone charging and a 12VDC socket for my small ac inverter if ever needed? Then I added 4 power posts and here's where it gets cool! In that circuit I added the DC to DC power supply that allows me to step up to 13.8 VDC and hold that evenly until I think the batteries drop below 9VDC? Will have to test that? The plan is running 3 scanners BCD536HP/BCT15XT and Pro 2035. At the same time have a Rasberry Pi for Stratux ADSB running for aircraft tracking. If the Ipad goes down I can charge that up as well. Added the LED's for a pathway light or camp light. Cool project!!

What is the model number of the DC-DC convertor? I have a project that could use that.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Very cool, indeed! Nice setup! I get so many good ideas from these forums, and this one has to be one of the best. Thanks for this!

JD
kf4anc

K7MFC

WRAA720
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I've been contemplating doing something like this myself - it would be very useful for camping and during power outages.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I've been researching emergency backup power options recently, so I take note of every idea that pops up in this forum. I thought I would pass this on....a while back I purchased a cool little item on eBay for $99 - the Stanley Jumpit - (Google it) a 500 amp (1000 peak) battery charger ensemble with a 120psi air compressor, several usb charging ports, 12-volt cig outlet, etc. I bought it primarily to have on the road with me in the RV but when I am at home it sits in my radio room. Very handy to have and holds power for a very long time. Jumped my daughter's car with it - very fast. Just a cool little combo that is $100 wisely spent...2-cents

JD
kf4anc

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been researching emergency backup power options recently, so I take note of every idea that pops up in this forum. I thought I would pass this on....a while back I purchased a cool little item on eBay for $99 - the Stanley Jumpit - (Google it) a 500 amp (1000 peak) battery charger ensemble with a 120psi air compressor, several usb charging ports, 12-volt cig outlet, etc.

Reviews are not real favorable. How long have you had it?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Reviews are not real favorable. How long have you had it?

About 7 months. I have no complaints about it. You got me curious so I went and looked it up again - 26 top five star ratings, 7 four star and only 3 gave it negative reviews. Had favorable reviews when I bought it, still does. I wouldn't call that 'not real favorable' ...believe me, I check product reviews and seller feedback before I buy, and it looked good at the time. I think one negative and about 18-20 favorable (5-4 stars). If I had to say anything at all negative about it, would be that if it sits for a month or longer without using it and recharging it, you should give it a full charge. I'm happy with it and it works for me, all that matters I guess.

JD
kf4anc

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
About 7 months. I have no complaints about it. You got me curious so I went and looked it up again - 26 top five star ratings, 7 four star and only 3 gave it negative reviews. Had favorable reviews when I bought it, still does. I wouldn't call that 'not real favorable' ...believe me, I check product reviews and seller feedback before I buy, and it looked good at the time. I think one negative and about 18-20 favorable (5-4 stars). If I had to say anything at all negative about it, would be that if it sits for a month or longer without using it and recharging it, you should give it a full charge. I'm happy with it and it works for me, all that matters I guess.

JD
kf4anc

It could have a lot to do with improper use and abuse. Not giving it a full recharge, excessive rough handling, like anything else. It appears to be built better than many I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.