My Dad makes Extra...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0KM

My father, W0UVX just took and made his Extra tonight. He took it last month, but failed. He has been using the Gorden West CD and book, and even burned up a CD player.

So we have a new Extra -- W0UVX/AE -- congrats, dad (even though he will never read it here).

UberGeek

Congrats :) I'm shooting for extra sometime in the next 12 months, just to say "I did it", as I do mostly digi modes anyways.

But, it'll be nice to be able to chat with people who consider anything outside of the extra segments as dirt (One ham in particular lol)

mkh

Congrats :) I'm shooting for extra sometime in the next 12 months, just to say "I did it", as I do mostly digi modes anyways.

But, it'll be nice to be able to chat with people who consider anything outside of the extra segments as dirt (One ham in particular lol)

I believe the test pool changes next July so keep that in mind.

KC0KM

I believe the test pool changes next July so keep that in mind.

Not only that, but I have heard a "rumor" that they might be considering to require CW as well. Part of the reason that I and my father both upgraded so quickly.

We did finally get a HF rig -- an Icom 718, and will hopefully be on the air soon, as soon as we figure out how to use it, and get our antennas up.

Status
Not open for further replies.