My Ebay Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebelling

All of the equipment in my shack was purchased on Ebay except for the Dell monitor and the GRE PSR-600.

Pro-2096 $150.00 -has bad display but receives perfectly
Pro-96 $135.00 - Seller thought it was a Pro 95.
PSR-600 $500.00 -Groves Enterprises
Pro-2006 $90.00

Yeasu-7800R 195.00
Yeasu-2500 110.00
Just listening right known, still studying for license.

Astron Power Supplies
12 amp
25 amp
Computer was home built.
Not Pictured is the J-Pole antenna for the 2meter hams.
I use the stock antennas for all the scanners. I live in an apartment so that it the best I can do for right know. My wife and myself are currently purchasing a house, so soon I will have a better antenna setup.

Attachments

• rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 1,593

ebelling

mikie333 said:
DAMN GOOD DEAL! Did you know it was a Pro 96 before receiving it though (like a posted photo)?

The back sticker on the scanner says Pro 95 but the front is a Pro 96, the seller did not know a lot about scanners and assumed it was a Pro 95. I took a chance and bidded on it and it was indeed a Pro 96, works fine.

ebelling

Here is a youtube video of my GRE PSR 600. The audio is not the best, I had it turn up a little to loud, the analog is alright but some of the digital was a little distorted. This is the Columbia PD which is digital, and various Richland county units which are analog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYj4NJcHcB8

af5rn

ebelling said:
This is the Columbia PD which is digital, and various Richland county units which are analog.
There's a Columbia PD in every state in the union. Can you be a little more specific, since you don't list your location in your profile?

Nice Harmon-Kardon Soundsticks! I have those, and they slam!

ayaresr

I was gonna ask who makes the acrylic looking speakers. Cool stuff. Not a thing wrong with an ebay shack...I have saved lots of money going that route myself...great setup.
Ryan

af5rn

ayaresr said:
I was gonna ask who makes the acrylic looking speakers. Cool stuff. Not a thing wrong with an ebay shack...I have saved lots of money going that route myself...great setup.
They come with a sub-woofer that looks like an acrylic R2D2. It's freakin' huge! The whole setup looked a lot smaller on the Apple website when I ordered them, lol. When this gigantic box arrived in Iraq, I was like, WTF? But seriously, they are like home theatre quality sound. Worth every penny.

Definitely a nice score on all that stuff! Everytime I look for radio stuff on eBay, the bidding wars go too high.

Last edited:

xpawel15x

Is that the Pro-96 with the writing on the speaker? LOL anyway I see you got a case to cover it up. Still awesome deal. Kind of weird that the sticker says Pro-95 though. RS mix up? Great shack, enjoy.

tmfok7

af5rn said:
There's a Columbia PD in every state in the union. Can you be a little more specific, since you don't list your location in your profile?

In watching the display, you may notice "SCHP" comes up several times. And with the ever so slight drawl in their speech, my guess is [South Carolina] Highway Patrol...

Ch1ronTL34

af5rn said:

Yeah if you click on the YouTube video, it says Columbia, SC

ebelling

xpawel15x said:
Is that the Pro-96 with the writing on the speaker? LOL anyway I see you got a case to cover it up. Still awesome deal. Kind of weird that the sticker says Pro-95 though. RS mix up? Great shack, enjoy.

Yes that was the Pro-96 with the writing on the speaker, I bought a lilcase to cover it up.

ebelling

af5rn said:

Columbia SC.

geoff5093

Nice setup!

I just bought a damaged PRO-2096 with a bad display and keypad for $90, I was able to replace it and now I have a nearly new PRO-2096 :)

ebelling

geoff5093 said:
Nice setup!

I just bought a damaged PRO-2096 with a bad display and keypad for $90, I was able to replace it and now I have a nearly new PRO-2096 :)

I saw one like that on ebay from a seller name "sundaysseconds", I started to buy it but did not know how much it would cost me to repair it. BTW "sundaysseconds" was the seller I bought my Pro-2096 from.

geoff5093

ebelling said:
I saw one like that on ebay from a seller name "sundaysseconds", I started to buy it but did not know how much it would cost me to repair it. BTW "sundaysseconds" was the seller I bought my Pro-2096 from.
Yup, thats where I got it from.

I actually had a fully functional Pro-2096 that I bought on eBay several months ago for around $300, but then somehow it got damaged when taking it out of my car to bring it inside. I believe it was something with the antenna connection, as it would not receive any signal unless I tuned to a frequency and keyed up that frequency on my Ham.

So I just bought that hoping that it was just the front panel that was damaged, and I was going to use the front panel from my existing radio and combine them, which I did and it works great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.