My Friend Has Gotten into Cell Phone Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9NLL

New London (Outagamie Co. WI) & Readfield (waupa
Excessive use of capital letters. When typing in the English language, only the first word of a sentence and proper nouns get capitalized.

Wow:lol: , I didn't even notice that. I just noticed all the mispelled words in that post.

It has been said in the past... if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a noise?

It's my understanding that the answer is yes. As the falling tree creates sound waves that move through the air, which is essentially what noise/sound is made of.

PS: I ran across a neighbor's cordless phone in the 920 mhz area the other day - I listened. After all, if you put your scanner in search mode and it stops on something, do you not listen to it at least long enough to try and determine what kind of transmission it is? Now, all somebody needs to do is prove it. After all, I could be a habitual liar and my own word would not be worth a grain of salt in court

Exactly, and wasn't there something like you can't self incriminate? And as an Amateur Radio Operator I'm licensed for use on the 33cm band 902mhz-928mhz. I'm just listening for other Amateurs:lol: . On a different note I heard a cordless phone on 915 which isn't listed at places on the internet as a cordless phone. So those listings are very basic or the phone is an anomaly. And even stranger, I heard the neighbor on 462/466mhz. None of these are image, heard the frequencies on all my radios. And even had someone TX on the 462/466 frequencies and it went through the neighbors phone (using the matched PL). He heard what was said using a handheld radio on low power from the other side of the parking lot. Listening in you'd swear you were listening to a phone patch (phone-radio). It was a old cordless phone so who knows where phones could pop up on your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.