• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

My Home Base Shack

allend

Premium Subscriber
So for now I have a

Whistler WS-1065
Motorola XTL 5000 (380-470mhz) - Ham
Kenwood TM-281 VHF 60 Watt - HAM
Motorola XTS 5000 (700/800mhz) - Public Safety
BCD996P2
BCT15X
BCT15X under my desk area

Sold off my BCD536HP and waiting to add the SDS-200

I love to use these Vertex MLS-100 speakers for my scanners. Best speakers out there for the price. My Shack_1.jpg

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
That fire extinguisher lamp is beautiful! And you pull the hose to switch it on/off?

/Ubbe
Yes I have had this lamp for almost 30 yrs now. It was refurbished when I bought it from a firefighter which was his side business. I have had to rebuild the internal lamp electrical parts every few years when it goes bad.

Very nice clean setup....bet you cant wait for the SDS200 to join the setup!
Thanks for sharing.
Tim:cool: