• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

My New Uniden BCD 536/436 HP Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mule1075

I do not have either yet but i figured might just as well start a thread because i am sure more rants are coming and they might just end up here.

Last edited:

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
LOL!! I love it! I'll start:

I'm really disappointed with my 436HP. I ordered it a month ago and still can't seem to find it in my house ANYWHERE!! Why did Uniden make an invisible, intangible scanner? And worse, WHY DID I BUY AN INVISIBLE, INTANGIBLE SCANNER! What a waste of $500. If I could find it, I could turn it up so I could at least hear it, but no such luck. Damn you, Uniden! I'm done buying Uniden invisible scanners. If I can't see the scanner then I'm not buying it. Lesson learned! :D

-AZ

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
I really like mine, it didn't cost me anything, I didn't have to program it and it has absolutely no static.
You recently got a BCD 536, and until now all you had was a Bearcat 210? Yep I'd say you are way overdue for a scanner upgrade... about 30 years overdue.

KevinC

Super Moderator
I really like mine, it didn't cost me anything, I didn't have to program it and it has absolutely no static.
You recently got a BCD 536, and until now all you had was a Bearcat 210? Yep I'd say you are way overdue for a scanner upgrade... about 30 years overdue.
My post was an attempt at humor...I don't have a BCD536...which is why it cost nothing, is easy to program and has no static. :wink:

Sambeau

Cant believe you guys are having problems with your scanner ... this is the best scanner i have ever owned.

Last edited by a moderator:

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Sambeau,
I believe this thread was an attempt at some humor. Look at the dates. They are before any of those persons even received their scanners.

Steve AA6IO

mikepdx

Maybe this whole ongoing Uniden fiasco will be a valuable
but very expensive lesson to many.

Buying the latest-greatest, with no performance record
is rarely the best option.

It's a lot of money to pay to be a beta tester.

BTW: Many thanks to those who are impatient.
They often save me a great deal of grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.