My newest setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Uniden BCD785D is for what is left of conventional analog in my area; it is connected to an attic-mounted Scantenna. I sold the digital card awhile back as it is only useful for conventional P25 with the scanner unable to trunk-track after rebanding. Top SDS200 scans a weak Ohio MARCS tower with the help of an amplified 700/800 antenna mounted in a window. The second SDS200 scans the Stark County Simulcast Ohio MARCS system for fire and ems and does a fantastic job at it; it is also my feed source via the LAN connection. The GRE PSR600 also scans the same simulcast for Police and does a fairly good job. Both of these get great signal on this system with just the factory back-of-set antennas. The SDS100 below is scanning for unknown talk groups and also goes with me almost everywhere.shack.jpg

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Great setup! Are the BC speakers 15s or 20s? I am thinking about purchasing a pair of new speakers for a mobile install in an RV and I have yet to try Uniden speakers. Your monitoring post looks very efficient and professional - good job!

JD
kf4anc

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Speakers are 15's which arenplenty loud. I have also used them in my truck and they are also good for that

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

737mech

Premium Subscriber
A little brighter. I wish I had your money! 2 SDS-200's! and a SDS-100!

Attachments

• shack-2.jpg
    shack-2.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 125

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
A little brighter. I wish I had your money! 2 SDS-200's! and a SDS-100!
Lol, I sold 5 older scanners, some computer parts, and a laptop. I used some gift cards, money I won in Vegas, and money from programming scanners for others. All to finance those. Wife would never let me blow my paychecks like that.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

737mech

Premium Subscriber
My wife understands that if I buy a new scanner it's because I need it more than a boat which she has no interest in. Scanner hobby (Until they became $800 with DMR/NXDN upgrades) is still cheap compared to boats/RV's/Motor cycles/ATV's/GUNS/Cameras/GOLF/Horses/ALPACA's/etc' All hobbies cost money some more than others, wives should be happy if your's is scanners and radios. It usually keeps you home, doesn't require feeding, doesn't require a barn, doesn't require a storage space rental to park it, doesn't require a boat dock or launch fees, doesn't cost $100 to turn it on every day (Golf Round of 18 holes). Need I go on?

Status
Not open for further replies.