• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

My quick home setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use my BCD436HP in my house but I finally decided to send it back for the battery issue. So I brought my HP1 that's usually in my car into the house so I could update the database and firmware since I'm out of work for a lil bit injured. I have it connected to a Maxx-tenna antenna that I got on eBay and it works phenomenal. Living in a condo makes it a little difficult for me to get some height on the antenna but it works for everything around me. My portable is a XPR7550 UHF programmed with pretty much every UHF frequency east of Worcester county here in MA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's a sweet radio. 1,000 ch full UHF coverage. The only bad thing is no P25. BUt most places i monitor on a daily basis arent p25 so i'm good. Someday i'll get an APX.
That's pretty much what I say. They are too expensive for me but they are really nice. I like that the 7550 has the full UHF spectrum and where I live I don't really have a need for P25. It's pretty old and even now some of the radio's are still pretty expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.