Status
Not open for further replies.

spyscan

Premium Subscriber
I have finally started to rack mount my radios. This is just the beaning. I currently have four Uniden BCTX15'S, a BCD996P2 and a BCD536HP mounted. I'm running ProScan for remote control of all the radios via a USB hub in the rack. I have an 8 port and a 4 port stridsberg multicoupler inside the rack enclosure. I will be adding additional radios as time allows.

A hugfile-3.jpege thanks to Rich Carlson N9JIG for the help with the rack mounts from NOVEX. They are fantastic. Wish I would have done this sooner. Such a clean look.

gillham

Feed Provider
Nice clean setup. I like it. How many of each Scanners?

I currently have four Uniden BCTX15'S, a BCD996P2 and a BCD536HP mounted. I'm running ProScan for remote control of all the radios via a USB hub in the rack. I have an 8 port and a 4 port stridsberg multicoupler inside the rack enclosure. I will be adding additional radios as time allows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spyscan

Premium Subscriber
@N9JIG

Did you ever set up audio recording or other audio from the radios using external speakers or mixer? Looking for best solution. Audio not bad but would like option.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I did for a little while but realized I was more concerned with the information rather than the content. I have a whole bunch of those tiny USB audio cards that worked just fine. I have not been using them so I cleaned out the clutter of cables they created. I am happy with the audio from the regular scanner speakers so I have not diddled with using external speakers for the scanners. Don't really have room for them anyway...

@N9JIG

Did you ever set up audio recording or other audio from the radios using external speakers or mixer? Looking for best solution. Audio not bad but would like option.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Yes, I currently have 2 13-port powered USB hubs in the cabinet itself. I have each of the radios USB cables plugged into the hubs. I have a 3rd 13-port hub I used with the sound cards but took that out when I deleted that feature from my rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.