My SDR Enabled Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR0SIV

I've been working on my mobile set up on and off for about a year or so now.

The current load out is:

Motorola XTVA Used for an XTS 5000 Model 3 UHF (P25/analog) portable when mobile
Motorola Astro Spectra VHF (P25/Analog)
Motorola 1550 LS+ CDM for 1.25m (220 Analog)
Motorola GTX for 900 Analog
Icom IC-2200H for VHF APRS operation

Bearcat BC 780XLT (screen broken but serial controlled via PC) for general analog monitoring
2 Nooelec SDRs for P25 state system tracking using SDRTrunk (probably going to try DSD Plus Fast lane instead)
1 Nooelec Smartee with always on bias-t and two cascaded LNAs to a modified GPS NMO antenna (for L band Inmarsat and Iridium coverage)

RCA Cambio 11' Windows 10 tablet for control of most hardware
an In-dash Android headunit for ADS-B and other uses
A mount and some military poles for a TJ5A HF rig for portable stationary HF work.

I'm working on installing a modified Pyramid repeater as well with a switch to run crossband UHF to VHF 220 or 900 but haven't build the cables for that yet.
I've also been considering installing a modified Motorola low band CDM for 6m FM use but... I'm running out of space lol.
In addition I am working on adding a 4 SDR co-herent receiver for RDF work.

The SDR gear makes it easy to analyze and decode and otherwise work with various analog and digital signals. I have it set up for P25/DMR deocding, ADS-B aircraft tracking, ATCS will be added soon, just a matter of software, I'll add in another post my SDR controller used for interfacing with SDR# on the tablet as well.

I think that's it, enjoy the photos.

hd car.jpg

scanning.jpg
IMG_20190222_121647.jpgIMG_20190220_230733.jpgIMG_20190222_121613.jpgmobile_iridium.jpg
^^ -iridium
adsb dash.jpgaprs.jpgscanner.jpg

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 257

OhSixTJ

Looks awesome. What exactly do you do with the tablet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KR0SIV

Wiring was done a little at a time, the first 3 antenna runs were done all at once but everything else was done as new hardware was available.
To answer the question regarding the Windows tablet. I use that to run my APRS Client with a Mobilinkd bluetooth tnc, SDRTrunk for monitoring the P25 State system, CubicSDR and SDR# for signal hunting and L-band monitoring with JAERO for decoding.

It's also used for DSD, the Serial control software for the analog scanner and more. Basically anything and everything that I might need windows for it handles.

The end goal was to eventually use it for my youtube channel hunting down various signals but the computer cannot handle the processing OBS needs to record all the crazy in the car. I am however waiting on a 4 RTL Coherent Kerberos SDR where I'll add an additional 4 antennas and a raspberry pi to handle RDF.

OhSixTJ

I never figured out how to use SDR scanner dongle things. I need to read up on it more.

OhSixTJ

markspoo

Premium Subscriber
Could you please provide more info on the mouse you show in the photos.
Who makes it etc. Thanks

bharvey2

I'm impressed but it looks like you need a bigger vehicle to accommodate your hobby. I'm curious, with all of the Moto mics, do you ever get them mixed up? I have a similar problem as I'm a Kenwood junkie. A few weeks ago I called out for a 2M simplex call on GMRS. I got heckled in to submission right quick. I need to color code the things or something....

MaXKiLLz

I'm impressed but it looks like you need a bigger vehicle...

Something like this:

IMAG1312.jpg

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I have a similar problem as I'm a Kenwood junkie. A few weeks ago I called out for a 2M simplex call on GMRS. I got heckled in to submission right quick. I need to color code the things or something....
I have the same problem. With a total of 5 mics here in my shack, I occasionally get them mixed up. Last week I tried calling the weekly LCARC net "CQ Net, attention all radio amateurs..." on my GMRS radio. Dropped that mic quick and picked up my DMR mic to try again. Double oops!

I've ordered a headset and build a switchbox to choose the radio I intend to use.

OhSixTJ

Wow... this has a distracted driving ticket written all over it in my neck of the woods...

Let me guess: only police can do this because they’re “trained” to do it? [emoji23]

OhSixTJ

I have the same problem. With a total of 5 mics here in my shack, I occasionally get them mixed up. Last week I tried calling the weekly LCARC net "CQ Net, attention all radio amateurs..." on my GMRS radio. Dropped that mic quick and picked up my DMR mic to try again. Double oops!

I've ordered a headset and build a switchbox to choose the radio I intend to use.

You could just label the mics with their intended use.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Looks like something similar I’m slowly working towards, but with only 2 scanners, a dual band rig, DMR hotspot and APRS beacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.