• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

My Shack 2019

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok from left to right I have a laptop for dsd/acarsd/and winamp streaming then I have three DTR650's. Moving on I have on top a Regency Aircraft monitoradio/ A Pro-2051/ BCT-15/ BCD536hp. Next is a TYT MD-380 and a Wouxsun KG-UV9d. Under that is the Pro-2042. The desktop mount has BC125AT/PSR-310/Psr-500. Note they don't look that way because the PSR-500 is actually in the PSR-310 case and the PSR-310 is in the painted PSR-500 case. Next the BCT-15x/ PSR-410/ BCT-15x a SEC 1212 powering them as well as the next scanner the Pro-2035. Right side of that is extra monitor for ADSB exchange radar tracking and finally a Motorola XTS3000.

Attachments

Great set up! I’ll bet you can monitor all sorts of stuff. I too am an aviation enthusiast so I’m impressed that you have a dedicated air band receiver and you monitor adsb.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Great set up! I’ll bet you can monitor all sorts of stuff. I too am an aviation enthusiast so I’m impressed that you have a dedicated air band receiver and you monitor adsb.
You have to admit there are some really cool aviation things in this area... Nellis Red Flag/ Area51 / Creech AFB Drones. Fun stuff!!

TailGator911

Premium Subscriber
Very neat and clean! Makes me cringe and think of that spaghetti ball of wires and cables behind my shelves - *ack*

Sweet setup ;)

JD
kf4anc

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Antenna farm is not very complex. All the scanners share a DPD Log Periodic, via EDA splitter drop amps and filtered with PAR Electronic FM Trap and VHF/SYM 162. The splitters are mounted under the bottom of the desk. The main feedline coax is Belden 9913. I also have up on the antenna mast an ADSB antenna, it has one of the flightaware 1090 filters and directly connects to the rtl/sdr v3 dongle. From there I bring it down to the office with a powered USB extension cable from Monoprice.com Works great! I have a rotator on the mast sometimes I turn it around looking for better signals in other directions.