My shack of Antique radio equipment;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceS2022

wher did you get the two base cb Reply

Well, I have a HR-2510 with very low hours on it. I received it as a birthday present back in 1992. It has been modded for 11 meters, and has a Ranger 7000 A/D microphone. It was purchased from "Carl's CB" here in Las Vegas, NV. If I remember right, it cost aprox $400 with the Mic.

LanceS2022

Back in the day!

This isn't impressive today, however back in 1984 (I was 19 years old at the time), this setup received more attention than I could ever imagine! The phone in my car was an "Improved Mobile Telephone Service" GL2000 Control head and a Motorola radio mounted in the trunk of the car. I paid a $1000 used and, agreed to pay the owner for the monthly bill of $32 a month. I used it for aprox 3 years before I sold it.

To read more:

Improved Mobile Telephone Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CHAPTER 10

Attachments

• Phone2.jpg
    Phone2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 387
  • Phone.jpg
    Phone.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 377

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Holy handhelds, Batman!! That is one impressive collection! Is there a handheld that you don't have in your collection?

You must devote a fair amount of time to buying and/or recharging batteries, I would think.

A very impressive lot. How far back did you begin collecting?

Russell

Last edited:

LanceS2022

Holy handhelds, Batman!! That is one impressive collection! Is there a handheld that you don't have in your collection?

You must devote a fair amount of time to buying and/or recharging batteries, I would think.

A very impressive lot. How far back did you begin collecting?

Russell

Some of the Hand Held CB's along the back wall I bought from Radio shack in the early to mid 80's. The commercial equipment was around 92. My newest radio is a Quansheng, I picked it up 3 months ago. Over 80% of the fleet I have had since 95. I appreciate your interest:)

LanceS2022

More pics...

Please forgive the quality of the pictures, they are taken with an antique digital camera;)

"Sony FDMavica 2.0 Mega Pixels"

Attachments

• DSC01065aa.jpg
    DSC01065aa.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 354
  • DSC01066aa.jpg
    DSC01066aa.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC01067aa.jpg
    DSC01067aa.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 344

LanceS2022

What kind of Antique Shack doesn't have a Tandy or Commodore 64 Computer?

That's to far back for me, I have a Gateway 486 DX2-66. For the longest time, I used a real slick "Emerson 286-16 for all my old radio programming until it died. I will have to keep an eye out for an old Commodore 64;) Thanks for your comment!

RES51CUE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
take pictures of each radio by itself "front back left side right side" so everyone can see every radio you have with modle number and what they are used for and how much they where when they were new and now what they would cost if you could find them any more and where you found them all

LanceS2022

take pictures of each radio by itself "front back left side right side" so everyone can see every radio you have with model number and what they are used for and how much they where when they were new and now what they would cost if you could find them any more and where you found them all

That's a great Idea Rescue51! I'm wondering why I didn't think of that;) Thanks for your continued interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.