• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

My shack one year on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

endaf_99

My wife and I have been in our QTH now for one year. I originally posted photos of the "new" shack back then. The shack has not changed much except I have a new Alinco DX-R8T/E receiver (on the left), on old Radioshack HTX-252 2M rig which I now mainly use to scan the local fire dept (in the centre above the Pro -160) and hanging in the centre is an Yaesu FT-1900 which will be used for Echolink once I receive my signal link USB. I still need to clean my wires up though HI!!!

Endaf
KG6FIY/MW1BQO

Attachments

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yet another very nice, well laid out shack!!! :p
I like your selection of handhelds too.

n9zas

endaf_99

Nice collection! How do you like the Alinco DX-R8T/E receiver? I have been looking at one..
I really like it. Much better performance than my old Yaesu FRG-100. I have not tried the SRD function with it yet but would like to try it, I am told you can listen to DRM signals.

endaf_99

Very nice looking shack Endaf. What rig(s) do you use on the satellites?
Hi Brandon.

I use the Yaesu FT-60 hand held,it's the one on the far right next to the globe. I currently operate half duplex. I'm trying to save up to get myself a couple if Yaseu FT-817's for SSB and full dulpex operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.