My small but growing shack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick911

Hi guys

After seing every one of your shack it's time to update mine. So let's start with the description.
Picture 1: Ericsson 800mhz Orion, BCT15 with disc. tap and Ericsson LPE-200. Motorola speaker is for the BCT15

DSC_0302.jpg

Picture 2: The computer that runs T4WIN from the BCT15

DSC_0303.jpg

Picture 3: Top is the Orion radio with power supply. On the side is the BC60XLT for VHF communication (my first scanner) Also shown 2 kenwwod TK-940 that I just bought. Will be for local EMS in LTR 800mhz. I'm still looking for a programming cable.

DSC_0304.jpg

I also have a BCD996T in my car but nothing really worth a picture.
So hope you like it!!!

Pat

xpawel15x

Amazingly neat shack!! Hows the /\/\otorola speaker's audio? Does it remove the scanner's hiss during transmitions? And is it amplified requiring a power source (wall wart) ? Thanks.

patrick911

The audio is better then the speaker in the scanner. Much more strong and crisp. I changed the connector for a 3.5mm connector and that's it. No need for a power source.

Pat

xpawel15x

patrick911 said:
The audio is better then the speaker in the scanner. Much more strong and crisp. I changed the connector for a 3.5mm connector and that's it. No need for a power source.

Pat

Hey, could you tell me the model of that Motorola speaker? I am interested in buying someting like that off ebay. Thanks!

Highpockets

xpawel15x said:
Hey, could you tell me the model of that Motorola speaker? I am interested in buying someting like that off ebay. Thanks!

Watch for Hamfests in your area, I picked up 5 Motorola speakers @ $3.00 each at the Toms River hamfest last year, excellent shape. Upcoming fests:

April 19 in Parsippany
May 31 in Washington (Bergen County)

You can get info off the internet, search NJ Hamfests.

patrick911

Update!!!

So I did my "summer" install in my car and shack. I will start with the car setup then will show you the shack install.
I know a lot of you guys like's to see the step by step install so thats what I did.

This what I had to install in there. the 800MHZ orion that was in the shack and a new sirius radio antenna. The other was completely cut off.

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

This is the antenna "farm" on the trunk. Black is the sirius radio. The small is a Maxrad 800mhz and the other is a larsen 400mhz

DSC_0311.jpg

The trunk before the radio box is install.

DSC_0312.jpg

The original install had a uniden 996T

DSC_0313.jpg

I took off all the dash and the center console. Also had to take off the back seat to access the old cables and to pass the new ones.

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

And the finish product. The new antennas.

DSC_0318.jpg

The radio box in the trunk. I know the cables are not tied together. But my tie-rap went missing!!!

DSC_0320.jpg

The new cables passes from the center console to rear seat. This is the only place you can see the cables. Anyway the only passenger I have in the back is a dog.

DSC_0321.jpg

The control head in it's place. Maybe it's visible form the second picture but the head is screwed to a block of wood that is screwed in the floor.

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

And for the shack I moved the BCD996 in the Orion place. You can also see a 800 M-PA that I bought here from MUXLOW.

DSC_0325.jpg

Thats it hope you like it

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I like it. Nice install, nice home setup. Clean up that damned car though (before anyone else says anything). Personally, mine looks similarly 'in use' so I have no justification for telling you to clean yours :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.