N-WIN Unidentified talkgroups thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm picking up ID 60026 from the Craig Tower. Radio Maintenance is doing test. I hear 1,2,3,4,5 then another person would say 6,7,8. I also heard "radio check, radio check do you copy?" A guy replied "I copy that"

SCPD

QRT
See my attachments for what I've seen. Sorry if any of these are repeats.

Attachment #1 shows unknown talkgroup 60434 (red box).
Attachment #2 shows a later time for unknown talkgroup 60434 (red box).
Attachments #3 shows a bunch of affiliates from radios (blue box) to unknown talkgroups (red box).

Attachments

• NSRS-UNID-1.jpg
    NSRS-UNID-1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 572
  • NSRS-UNID-2.jpg
    NSRS-UNID-2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 573
  • NSRS-UNID-3.jpg
    NSRS-UNID-3.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 660

SCPD

QRT
Here is the 3rd attachments broken up into 3 images that are easier to read. (3rd column is talkgroups and 5th column is radio ids)

Attachments

• NSRS-UNID-3-1.jpg
    NSRS-UNID-3-1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 699
  • NSRS-UNID-3-2.jpg
    NSRS-UNID-3-2.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 688
  • NSRS-UNID-3-3.jpg
    NSRS-UNID-3-3.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 680

w7up

20161027 2245 TG 50016 active w/NSP LE traffic on 070 Omaha

20161027 2255 TG 50016 C-ROC CALL ID by two stations in communication. Missed the station ID

Last edited:

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Heard 60408 defiantly NDOR. Unknown area they are talking about road condition but didn't hear any locations. I didn't catch which site it was from.

Update..
This is Dept of Roads either dist 1 (Lincoln) or dist 2 (Omaha). Heard 2 people talking about going north and south on an unknown highway by highway 66. So this would be either Saunders or Cass County

Tower was Cedar Bluffs. RIDs 429535 and 425565

Last edited:

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm the control channel for Pawnee City? And does anyone have the talkgroup for NDOR District 1? Thanks

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
TG 60434

TG 60434 is NDOR. I'm thinking its either district 2 (Fremont or Elkhorn yard) or dist 3. I'm leaning more towards district 2. Heard 275 mention but no cross street. Where I was listening from could have been either one.

HWY 275 runs through District 2 and 3. but I believe TG 60434 is District 2 Omaha. I heard guys talking about dodge street and hwy 275. West dodge road connects with HWY 275 near Waterloo. I also heard people talking about clearing exit ramps along I-680. This link has a Nebraska DOT District map Divisions & Districts - Nebraska Department of Roads It seems like TG 60436 might be Cass County public works? Every time that ID pops up, people are always talking about plowing at locations through out cass county during a winter storm. Oh well, probably get more clues on locations for DOT TGIDs in the next few days

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
TG 60436 might be the Plattsmouth "Shop". It seems that NDOR has a statewide talkgroup, district talkgroups, and "Shop" talkgroups. In District 4 I have heard talkgroup 60467 referred to as "Greeley Shop" channel.

There are a lot of unknowns with NDOR talkgroups. Anyone have a contact at NDOR that could help us nail these down?

N0ZQR

Premium Subscriber
Instaltion locations for the trunked radios and AVL (automatic vehicle locator) for DOR.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber

w7up

NWIN TGID 50021 on 055 S. Lincoln with NSP Norfolk traffic. Possibly Troop D Tac ?

33kracing

I decided go in discovery mode. Here a shot what I pickup.

not to get off subject....... but i am starting to notice here in grand island troop c area, c dispatch 3 and also c dispatch 1 are dispatched out of the grand island office. however, by around 12 midnight or so, i cant help but notice c dispatch 1 & 3 as well as records checks tg's are being dispatched out of lincoln hq office. which is sometimes challenging due to the unfamiliarity of the dispatcher in lincoln not exactly knowing where the trooper is immediately (((which is understandable)))... there must be some sort of scheduling conflict currently or is grand island office not working past midnight or are they planning on shutting down dispatch office completely???

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
For now it is probably just a staffing savings. There is not much that goes on in the troops after midnight, so a dispatcher from HQ can pick up the extra calls for troop C. They have the technology now to do this type of consolidation with VOIP. Theoretically any dispatch center can be a back-up for the entire state.

They started with after hours for Troop B, and then completely shut it down. This might be the long term strategy for Troop C.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
This plan started with troop B's closing 3 years ago. When completed the only dispatch centers for NSP will be Omaha (A and B), Lincoln(H and C) ands North Platte (D and E). Troop E shut down theirs 2-3 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.