N221UT - Aircraft type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hello all,

I am curious if anyone has an ID and/or photo of the aircraft with the N-registration of N221UT.

I have tried to identify this plane through all the normal means, FAA, Flightaware, FlightRadar24, with all telling me no information exists or that the number is not assigned.

But, I log this aircraft frequently via ADS-B and it is self identifying as N221UT, with tracking enabled.

It is usually found in the area SE of the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airport.

Unfortunately, I don't get enough continuity on the flight patterns, due to the geography between me and KIWA.

Anyone have any information ?

Thanks in advance,

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I was hoping that someone might take a photo of it, since it seems to frequent that area ... hint, hint, nudge, nudge :)

Because I can't seem to get an answer on it, so far, I have tentatively ID'd it as a US Government airplane, based on typical altitudes flown.

Just in case, someone happens to be at the right spot at the right time :O

stealthradios

Hello all,

But, I log this aircraft frequently via ADS-B and it is self identifying as N221UT, with tracking enabled.

Thanks in advance,

If you're refering the callsign coming from the ADS-B message being N221UT, that callsign is entered by the pilot. It is not required to enter anything, nor is it required they enter the correct callsign. Sometimes pilots will enter 'stupid' stuff into the callsign field. I've actually seen callsigns such as "EATMEAT" or other sayings that will fit.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
If you're refering the callsign coming from the ADS-B message being N221UT, that callsign is entered by the pilot. It is not required to enter anything, nor is it required they enter the correct callsign. Sometimes pilots will enter 'stupid' stuff into the callsign field. I've actually seen callsigns such as "EATMEAT" or other sayings that will fit.

I am very aware of how it is entered and some of the insane things I've seen. But, I'm still seeing this way too often. I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

kma371

QRT
Hello all,

I am curious if anyone has an ID and/or photo of the aircraft with the N-registration of N221UT.

I have tried to identify this plane through all the normal means, FAA, Flightaware, FlightRadar24, with all telling me no information exists or that the number is not assigned.

It is usually found in the area SE of the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airport.

Unfortunately, I don't get enough continuity on the flight patterns, due to the geography between me and KIWA.

Anyone have any information ?

Thanks in advance,

What's the HEX code?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

This is likely the code:
N221UT
Hex: A1E68C
Octal: 50363214
Binary: 101000011110011010001100

The ICAO 24 bit identifier in the transponder might be misconfigured. It is not an unknown problem with aircraft.

73 Eric

kma371

QRT
Yeah I've seen several codes mismatched. Just make sure that the hex matches the aircraft.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hello,

This is likely the code:
N221UT
Hex: A1E68C
Octal: 50363214
Binary: 101000011110011010001100

The ICAO 24 bit identifier in the transponder might be misconfigured. It is not an unknown problem with aircraft.

73 Eric

Eric,
It wasn't that Hex, but it came up as I was running out the door. It was A1BF0D. In addition to my setup, two others on PlanePlotter were also identifying it with the same N-Registration. Someone has indentified it as an "S211".
So, there ya have it...

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

This is interesting as www.airframes.org has that ICAO24 as a SIAI Marchetti S-211 with the N211UT registration. Owned or operated by Aviation Performance Solutions LLC, AZ.

Wikipedia lists two second-hand aircraft (ex-Haitian AF) as operated by private companies. However, this webpage list the airframe number, 022/02-012, as being from the Singapore AF, 391 (9V).
SIAI Marchetti S.211 production list

The above webpage also lists a number of Singapore AF aircraft reregistered with N numbers beside the couple from Haiti.

73 Eric

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
The pilot corrected his setting today and is broadcasting his N-registration as N211UT :)

Status
Not open for further replies.