N9JIG Shack Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Nice video and shack! Thanks for sharing.

I would also be interested in seeing the depth of the racks, how they are positioned in the room and what the connections inside are like. Are they fairly easy to access inside if you want to change things?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Nice video and shack! Thanks for sharing.

I would also be interested in seeing the depth of the racks, how they are positioned in the room and what the connections inside are like. Are they fairly easy to access inside if you want to change things?

They are 12 inches deep at the top and 16 at the base.

If you look on prior threads (http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...le-setup/316394-n9jig-az-shack-completed.html) you can see some of the inside pics, they get a little crowded...

For now anyway the antenna cables are kind of short so it makes it a little tough to get at the rear of the racks, I plan on putting in a patch panel this summer so I can use jumpers for the antennas, that will let me move the cabinets easier for servicing.

I am also thinking of having the woodworking club here build a table for me on casters so I can get to the rear easier. I thought of building a false wall with a chase to get at the back but that got shot down by the CEO (wife).

mancow

Database Admin
They are 12 inches deep at the top and 16 at the base.

If you look on prior threads (http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...le-setup/316394-n9jig-az-shack-completed.html) you can see some of the inside pics, they get a little crowded...

For now anyway the antenna cables are kind of short so it makes it a little tough to get at the rear of the racks, I plan on putting in a patch panel this summer so I can use jumpers for the antennas, that will let me move the cabinets easier for servicing.

I am also thinking of having the woodworking club here build a table for me on casters so I can get to the rear easier. I thought of building a false wall with a chase to get at the back but that got shot down by the CEO (wife).

Thanks.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Once again Rich, excellent job, this time with the video! I didn't think at my age I would already start to drooI! I love the green COI lights on the radios! LOL

Manny

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I am in awe and worship you as the scanner-god that you are! :cool:

I don't know what you do/did for a living, but it sure allowed you to buy some nice toys and the proper equipment to mount them all in!

Mike

N9JIG

Sheriff
I don't know what you do/did for a living, but it sure allowed you to buy some nice toys and the proper equipment to mount them all in!

Mike

35 years in public service and many years of doing sidejobs for ScannerMaster and others allowed me to accumulate the knowledge as well as the ability to get toys. I get the employee discount and occasional freebie but most of my radios are purchased or traded for. Having a wife who encourages me to enjoy my hobby and allows me to get what I need helps! The fact that this hides almost all the wiring made her happy!

I have to give credit to a friend who also ran a 9-1-1 center (as I did in a neighboring town) who bought a stand-alone cabinet for a couple rack-mounted radios for backup and interop purposes. He had in turn based that on some of the stuff I had done at my 9-1-1 center and expanded upon it. I liked it so much I decided to go all in and rack the whole thing.

I then moved a year or so later across the country after I retired and re-established it here in the new house.

I would love to get some CentraCom modules, I always loved the look of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.