NAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike709

I have a pro-197 and I am new to this and trying to figure all this out. I was wondering what NAC is? Do I need to know this to program my scanner and if I do how do I find out where to get it?

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
NAC stands for Network Access Code, it is the P25 version of a PL tone. While it is not required to listen to the channel if you set it and it does not match what is being transmitted you won’t hear anything.

It can be nice to set if known so you won’t hear unwanted traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N8IAA

I have a pro-197 and I am new to this and trying to figure all this out. I was wondering what NAC is? Do I need to know this to program my scanner and if I do how do I find out where to get it?

NAC is used on conventional P-25 VHF/UHF frequencies like CTCSS/DCS on conventional analog frequencies. It is not necessary when programming a trunk system.

You go to the RR database and look at the counties and cities you wish to monitor. That way you can determine what is needed to program the 197. I use mine for our state patrol and DNR. You would program the frequency as a conventional one, then under the Squelch setting, you pick NAC, then enter search or the NAC numbers/letters.

HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.