Naperville, IL - New Police Radio System Goes Live Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilgrant

All is quiet in scannerland on the old Motorola Naperville and Aurora trunked systems for the most part. Couple of keyups and a fire department looking for a radio check.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
As of last night NFD was still on the old system. They said that at shift change in the morning they were doing the changeover.

Dafydd

This is why I never set up a feed to monitor Naperville PD/FD/etc. I knew the day was not far off when my feed would become obsolete.

jamesa53

This sucks. No wonder why property taxes in DuPage county are astronomical.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
100mil for the new Aurora PD, 14mil for the new Radio system, and 8 policeman being laid off in Aurora and 6 layed off in Naperville, someone has to pay the piper!!!

jobes

Feed Provider
Hey progress huh. Just love it:(

100mil for the new Aurora PD, 14mil for the new Radio system, and 8 policeman being laid off in Aurora and 6 layed off in Naperville, someone has to pay the piper!!!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"The better coverage is really our main concern," Bell said. "But what we'll have is an encrypted channel that can't be scanned."

The can of worms is open, grab your forks and dig in!

Joseph Shaboinger
1:24am on Thursday, December 2, 2010
"I've heard from incidents in the past that fiber optic rings can and do get severed. How vulnerable is the city now to people doing simple digging/excavating without really paying too much attention to things already in the ground?"

Ah, he beat me to it.

ilgrant

They do have contingencies. For example, if Aurora goes down then they can use Naperville's system and vice-versa.

I believe there is also microwave backup.

brodie4416

Is there no hope to scan these channels without an encryption key? How long until everyone is doing this and radio scanning is obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.