NAS Ottawa P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecanadiangod

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I just bought a 7/800 XTS 5000 off of eBay, I was wondering how I would go about programming NAS on the city of Ottawa P25 system?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I'll point you in the direction of this thread over here from the Motorola section:

Long story short, most people on here will not help you with this kind of thing and point you towards buying a scanner. The expectation of buying such a radio is that you have some knowledge, software, and cables to do such a thing without much help or assistance.

thecanadiangod

Premium Subscriber
I'll point you in the direction of this thread over here from the Motorola section:

Long story short, most people on here will not help you with this kind of thing and point you towards buying a scanner. The expectation of buying such a radio is that you have some knowledge, software, and cables to do such a thing without much help or assistance.
I kinda know what I'm doing. The main reason is that scanners are fragile IMO and Motorola`s are like tanks, and I want a tank.
Thanks, I'll read it.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The database shows it's Phase 2 capable, but all talkgroups are Phase 1. Yes, the XTS5000 would be capable of NAS on that system. But if you knew what you're doing, you would know this...

thecanadiangod

Premium Subscriber
The database shows it's Phase 2 capable, but all talkgroups are Phase 1. Yes, the XTS5000 would be capable of NAS on that system. But if you knew what you're doing, you would know this...
Yes I already knew that. It's more just I don't wanna accidentally transmit and/or get my radio bricked.

thecanadiangod

Premium Subscriber
I contacted someone who knows what they are doing and will program it for me.

Thanks for the info.

gary123

The secret to NAS is to be sure that all frequencies you select via the channel selector/mode selector are conventional personalities with trunked scan lists.

As many say you will have to R&D the rest for your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.