Nashua PD / FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

awattam

I heard a few months ago that Nashua PD/FD etc were purchasing a new radio system. Does anybody know any more details about this yet? Do I need to wait and get one of those new Unidens with P25 Phase II capability or can I just get a new Uniden BCD996xt and save some money?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
There won't be anything in the RR DB. As he said, "purchasing" a new system, not purchased, in service, etc. puszzleriddle, please look at Points 1 & 2 of the Forum Rules & Etiquette.

As for Nashua, my understanding is the plans are currently on hold. It was planned to be a P25 system, but unsure if Phase 1 or Phase 2; and was possibly going to be a shared system with Manchester. If/When the plans start up again, not sure if it'll be far enough along to go Phase 2. Unfortunately, there isn't a good answer on the purchase.

awattam

Thanks for the reply

I may just save some $$ and get a new BCD996xt. I got a BCT15x about a year ago and added a discriminator output to pick up Nashua PD and it sort of works ok. I love the base scanners as they feel like they are built very well, I just need a digital one.

cmed325

Premium Subscriber
They are currently going thru the city budget process to obtain money to completely replace the system,Due to the fact that motorola does not support it due to its age(its one of the oldest around,hard to believe) I will guess it WILL be the latest and greatest when its finally comes to reality.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I guess I'm confused. The APX7000 radios will work with the existing trunked system and I believe (but not positive) newer systems (I.e. P25 Phase 1). It appears the purchase is also only to obtain the encryption modules because they didn't get them. It doesn't seem to address a "new" system.

I imagine what cmed325 (55 K) is saying is what they're trying to achieve. Motorola has several systems that they no longer support throughout the state (including Nashua's). So like many things, beginning to ask now (or a few years ago) for the new system makes sense.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
http://www.nashuanh.gov/Agendas_Minutes/Finance Comm/2013/Agenda/20130619-Finance.Cmte.pdf

Scroll down 2 pages. They bought 293 Motorola APX 6000 Model 3 portable. Did a quick google search and it APX 6000 Model 3 is a P25. So I don't know what phase it is for Nashua. But they already got them I've seen them,

The APX6000 (& I confirmed APX7000) can work on both the existing Nashua system (Motorola Type II SmartZone) and any likely future system assuming it were a 800Mhz system (P25 Phase 1 or Phase 2). A smart move doubled by the fact they got them 50% off. So when they get the new trunked system, assuming the radios aren't beat up bad, they'll already have 293 portables to use on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.